Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

Same here... We have two theater chains, If I'm not mistaken: Cinemacity and Hollywood Multiplex, both are only in malls.

We still have two big TC... in a couple of months we will only have one :( Edited by CJohn

Romanian local movies are actually doing great... some of them box office wise, only a few award wise. I mean we have this years Beyond the hills who, last time, was on Oscar shortlist for Best Foreign Picture. We also a few years back, from the same director (Beyond the Hills), 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, which also got nominated only for Best Foreign Film by Golden Globes, and most critics think that It would've deserved an Oscar nomination.Both movies also won numerous prizes at the Cannes Festival.4Months, 3 weeks and 2 days: Won palme d'or, FIPRESCI Prize, Cinema Prize of the French National Education System at Cannes, and Beyond the Hills won Best Actress and best Screenplay and was nominated for Palme D'or.

Our local movie industry here is obsessed in making it to the Oscars (just as we are obssesed with Miss Universe and boxing) but we never make it. Our commercial movies are well for the masses rom-com, love triangles/adultery, horror and slapstick comedies so they can never compete The indies here try but while story-wise they can compete but still production aspect is inferior so I understand why our films can't make it save for a few film festivals. Edited by forg

I missed some stuff so let me recap myself.....If someone hates Perks then I HATE YOU, love football, love seeing the cinema busy as well, where I live every time i'm at a mall I always make sure to walk by the theater to check out the lines and posters. Plus If I been in that movie theater location I try to determine how a movie is doing at the location by seeing what screen its on because then I know if its in a big or small theater. I love the movie theater

I do that too! HAHA! There's one mall here which has a monitor in the ticket booth where you can see the seats situation (how many are available and which seats are those, it's a reserved seating set up). I also check the movie posters to see what movies are coming here :D

I said a few posts later. I actually meant theaters, not screens (that adds up to way more screens than that, but still not enough for a 19mil population...)Just imagine that over 15% of the population of Romania is barely surviving from a day to another. They have houses without electricity, water and heat... Sad what the world has become.

Wow, so Romania is about the same case as China. Shit world.

I do that too! HAHA! There's one mall here which has a monitor in the ticket booth where you can see the seats situation (how many are available and which seats are those, it's a reserved seating set up). I also check the movie posters to see what movies are coming here :D

When I pass by the theater I make sure to stay for around 10 minutes and watch the trailers for movies.

This is the actual entrace: Posted Image

Above the seats there are two TV's (or they look like that. Now they are instead of the red C top left. they moved them). I go there, sit down and watch some trailers (There's another TV on >>>>)

Edited by ChD
  • Like 3

Same here. I always do that. Love to see the new posters and standees and I get a huge smile in my face when I see a movie solding out or big lines to buy tickets.
  • Like 2

When I pass by the theater I make sure to stay for around 10 minutes and watch the trailers for movies.

Above the seats there are two TV's (or they look like that. Now they are instead of the red C top left. they moved them). I go there, sit down and watch some trailers (There's another TV on >>>>)

Cinema City is a small exhibitor here... is there any chance it is the same as in Romania?! Edited by CJohn

Ha ha. Not anymore. Remember when we lent IMF $1 B last year to help Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy? ;)We are just one level before investment grade.Our tourism is expanding, with many magazines including us in their top 10 places this year.Construction is booming.The Peso is very strong.The PSEi is in record high level.Our economy is one of the best performing ones in the world. GDP grew by 6% +.This is still far I know, but we are predicted to be the 16th biggest economy in the world. This really makes me smile all the time.

True, your country is pretty promising.

How did this thread reach 34 pages? :huh: These Friday numbers are so boring.

Downloading screenings of oscar contenders that are appearing on the internet day after day, hate on Jake because of his shitty taste and a reference to Fassbender :lol:
  • Like 2

Our local movie industry here is obsessed in making it to the Oscars (just as we are obssesed with Miss Universe and boxing) but we never make it. Our commercial movies are well for the masses rom-com, love triangles/adultery, horror and slapstick comedies so they can never compete The indies here try but while story-wise they can compete but still production aspect is inferior so I understand why our films can't make it save for a few film festivals.

BWAKAW almost made it.

I said a few posts later. I actually meant theaters, not screens (that adds up to way more screens than that, but still not enough for a 19mil population...)

Just imagine that over 15% of the population of Romania is barely surviving from a day to another. They have houses without electricity, water and heat... Sad what the world has become.

Oh my God. What?

It just makes me sad, I can't help. I can't even help the poor people here in my country. Tsk, I have overused SAD today, but it really is.

Same here. I always do that. Love to see the new posters and standees and I get a huge smile in my face when I see a movie solding out or big lines to buy tickets.

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels happy when there are long lines in the theaters haha. I know most people are annoyed with long lines and the waiting but for me I like it because business is doing good even though I don't have a stake at it lol
  • Like 1

Looks gorgeous. Really beautiful.
  • Like 1