CoolioD1

DGA Nominees

Yeah, I can't really see him missing out on the Academy after getting in with the DG.

Yeah, especially since he has Brit support. Though if Les Mis fails to get 10+ BAFTA noms today, I'll take Hooper out of director. It looks really weird with no Weinstein director though, maybe Lee will miss out..... Possibly but not likely.

Oscars usually match up 4/5 with DGA. Obviously Speilberg, Lee, Bigelow and Affleck are in... I'll go with a Weinstein pony over Hooper though. Most likely Russell, possibly Tarantino depending on how well Django plays with the Academy. Russell wasn't nominated by the DGA for The Fighter so he still has a good shot.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

:lol: I don't know. Maybe there was another filmmaker called David russell. Maybe he thought it sounded cool, I can't tell this shit.Wasn't there a report that when Tom Hooper won the DGA a couple years ago another director at the ceremony apparently started to laugh out loud and everyone on the internet assumed it was Russell for some reason..... maybe that's why he wasn't nominated this time. :blink: Edited by CoolioD1

So much for DU getting standing ovation at DGA screening. :(Bigelow, Spielberg, Affleck and Lee are locked and loaded. Close-up is almost locked.

I would say Bigelow, Spielberg, and Affleck are locked. I think that DGA locks Lee, but I'm no so sure, just a bad feeling. And it's such a shame, He's much better than the three locked ones. Then, there's Hooper, who I think is in also. DGA and Brit support should push him in as well. The DGA 5 should be the Academy 5 this year.