Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I have ZDT on my computer, I'll probably watch it this weekend

Jessica Chastain was ok, but I have no idea why she was nominated in the first place. There is NOTHING in his performance that makes her a strong contender or even a fair nominated for the Oscar.

The last 30 minutes were made to be seen in theaters. Just my opinion.

Jessica Chastain was ok, but I have no idea why she was nominated in the first place. There is NOTHING in his performance that makes her a strong contender or even a fair nominated for the Oscar.

The last 30 minutes were made to be seen in theaters. Just my opinion.

NO NO NO

• Like 3

Being bland and pulling one straight angry face yelling like a Mofo to every single chief and detainee throughout a whole movie is Oscar worthy now.

Maybe that's the sad face at the end of the movie that put her in Oscar race. She shows she got at least two expressions in her acting range.

So Sly Stallone in Rambo 2 could have been a Oscar contender.

[/unpopular opinion]

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Not really your point but I hope Sly was at least in the conversation for First Blood back in the day. No joke. That ending breaks my heart.

I agree with you. First Blood is oscar worthy. Sly gave one of his best performance and I'm quite sad he was overlooked.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

As much as I loved her character in The Help, Chastain really should have been nominated for The Tree of Life

For prancing around going on and on about how beautiful shit is? Meh, I think the academy made the right call with that one.

EDIT: Actually no, Take Shelter....

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Jessica Chastain was ok, but I have no idea why she was nominated in the first place. There is NOTHING in his performance that makes her a strong contender or even a fair nominated for the Oscar. The last 30 minutes were made to be seen in theaters. Just my opinion.

"I'm the mother fucker who found the place." I love that scene and chastain was as good as jlaw.

"I'm the mother fucker who found the place." I love that scene and chastain was as good as jlaw.

I cringed at that scene. I was "Really?", that overacting the badass angle, from Chastain's pretty mouth it didn't sound genuine but forced. Meh.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2