Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

KStew hype started with Twilight and depends on Twilight only. I don`t think she`ll ever be big as she was during the twilight years.

OTOH, JLaw mania really hit the stride with SLP. She`s got enough exposure with THG but SLP just launched media obsession.

So it`s an actress from critically panned franchise vs an actress with 2 Oscar nominations from awards-worthy movies and two critically raved franchises.

Luckily for us JLaw has Serena and Ends of the Earth and fuck you AMPAS but she deserves to win for the last THG movie because Katniss gets so freakin baity and when you see her whole arc it`s heartbreaking and deep and complex and OMG she has PTSD like a freakin combat vet but played by the most talented actress of younger generation. OMG!

When it comes to Oscars my greatest wishes are that Leo wins for something iconic without having to campaign like those Oscar hungry sissies and that JLaw pulls a Shriekapoo with MJ2 among other Oscars in her collection.

• Like 1

Luckily for us JLaw has Serena and Ends of the Earth and fuck you AMPAS but she deserves to win for the last THG movie because Katniss gets so freakin baity and when you see her whole arc it`s heartbreaking and deep and complex and OMG she has PTSD like a freakin combat vet but played by the most talented actress of younger generation. OMG! When it comes to Oscars my greatest wishes are that Leo wins for something iconic without having to campaign like those Oscar hungry sissies and that JLaw pulls a Shriekapoo with MJ2 among other Oscars in her collection.

Wut
  • Like 2

Jennifer Lawrence will be back in next year or the year after with a performance probably as good or better than this one. So will the other Best Actress nominees... except for Emmanuelle Riva. Who gave one of the best performances of the year, period (IMO). 

I'm truly happy for J-Law's success, but like Chastain, I just don't think it's her year. 

Luckily for us JLaw has Serena and Ends of the Earth and fuck you AMPAS but she deserves to win for the last THG movie because Katniss gets so freakin baity and when you see her whole arc it`s heartbreaking and deep and complex and OMG she has PTSD like a freakin combat vet but played by the most talented actress of younger generation. OMG!When it comes to Oscars my greatest wishes are that Leo wins for something iconic without having to campaign like those Oscar hungry sissies and that JLaw pulls a Shriekapoo with MJ2 among other Oscars in her collection.

:worthy:Viva Le JLaw. She's the new Meryl Streep. Oscars on top of oscars on top of oscars.

I'm sorry, but I just have to say this. While Riva's performance is great, it's the same as those which you all always call "baity" and Oscar whoring.In a perfect world Chastain jaw and Riva would tie, but I'm still rooting for jaw.

Edited by acsc1312
  • Like 1