Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Riva's gonna win the Cesar in about 120 seconds :D:excited: her first of two televised speeches coming up ;) 

Livestream: http://www.onlinestreamlive.com/view/8229/Canal-Plus-live-stream-online-Streaming-Watch-Tv-Online-Free.html 

It's in French though. 

Edited by riczhang

I wouldn't have thought she'd live in any case... and I could guess what the film was about even before it started, because, you know, it's not called "Mort". The opening scene didn't really affect my viewing positively or negatively, I just didn't understand why it needed to begin that way. I did groan, though, at the way AMOUR flashed on the screen immediately following the image of a decomposing body. How subtle.

I wouldn't have thought she'd live in any case... and I could guess what the film was about even before it started, because, you know, it's not called "Mort". The opening scene didn't really affect my viewing positively or negatively, I just didn't understand why it needed to begin that way. I did groan, though, at the way AMOUR flashed on the screen immediately following the image of a decomposing body. How subtle.

Hindsight bias. Humans are surprisingly hopeful creatures. 

If Riva was able to come to LA and campaign then I think she would've walked away with the win. Now it is going to be very close with maybe Lawrence with an edge (SAG win counts a lot).

She was in America for ~2 weeks around Oscar nominations time. 

^^^ I didn't know that. Did she participate in any Oscar relatd events ? I don't remember THR or Variety covering her LA visit.

She was at the LAFCA luncheon, the NYFCC luncheon, NBR luncheon. Then she did some behind the scenes campaigning, and elbow rubbing if I remember correctly. 

Her at NBR with Vanessa Redgrave:

Posted Image

At NYFCC:

Posted Image

And the picture of her with Wallis at LAFCA that's someone at ADF's signature.