Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

No movie since 1952 has won picture and one other Oscar. And that was Greatest Show on Earth-considered to be the WORSE winner ever.

Might happen here though. Very strong case to be made for Argo winning only Picture and Editing. i think it wins screenplay too though atm.

Academy Poster Gallery. They did Academy Award posters for all of the 84 winners, but one collective one. The collective one is really nice, and some of the individual oscar statue ones are excellent, most of them are good, and there's a few WTF and horrible ones. 

http://oscar.go.com/photos/themed-galleries/special/oscars-best-pictures-tribute/media/85poster

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Yeah, so I'm done with Sasha's podcast. I like her movie discussions a lot because she's a strong critic, but she's treating Argo winning like it's a tragedy. Even though she wrote an article when the movie came out about how much she loved the film- http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2012/10/05/argo-just-a-great-fcking-movie/

It's Sasha. She likes a lot of the contenders when they come out (she even said that she warmed up to Les Miserables :o ) But at the end of the day she'll trash everything that isn't her beloved Front Runner. I'm fairly sure she did that with The king's Speech too. When it came out she acted like it was genius and then when it was going to beat TSN she shat on it so badly it was funny. 

It's sad. After all her flipping out the last couple years, for a brief period it looked as if she was gonna get her way this year. LOL poor her.

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She's crazy. And, while Lincoln looked like the obvious choice, and I was predicting it from Oscar nominations till DGA, I look back on it (with copious amounts of hindsight bias) and see that it wasn't going to win. Lincoln as someone in the industry put it to me is like a china doll. To be respected and carefully handled for its expert craft but never loved. 

What has happened to renee zellwegger havent seen her in anything in awhile

It's tragic. Her squinty eyes and pulled-back lips became stuck in place. All that Botox and bee-sting therapy she went through to make herself look younger really did a number on her. Studios just aren't willing to take the risk now, lest audiences flee theatres in terror.