Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

At this point the only thing I genuinely want to happen on Oscar night is a total Argo shut out. This whole pity party for it since the Affleck snub has made me develop a certain hatred towards it. Yes it's a very well done movie, and Affleck probably deserved a nod (though the argument could certainly be made that his directing is very generic and Director's 101), but the film is not some modern cinematic masterpiece and Affleck is not some 60 year old Scorsese directing legend that is owed anything at this point. And before the Affleck snub it wasn't being treated as such like it is now. The Academy needs to send the message that they're not gonna be bullied into something and stand by their Affleck snub. And they can do that by shutting Argo out. I don't even care what they do it with anymore, hell I'll even root for Snoremour if it stops Argo at this point.

Edited by HobbitMan89
  • Like 1

Did anyone watch SNL with Waltz? That Djesus Uncrossed sketch killed me. Best snl in forever. I really hope that guy wins next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=QP3wrQncuSI

"Ving Rhames as Pontius Pilate! Samuel L. Jackson as Judas Iscariot!"

"The H is silent!" :rofl:

Edited by dashrendar44

I'm totally for anything winning against Lincoln, but script is just a joke. Even SLP has a better script than Argo. Argo's script isn't horrible, but it definitely isn't awards worthy. 

I think SLP could possibly pull of an Adapted Screenplay victory on Oscar night actually. 

I'm totally for anything winning against Lincoln, but script is just a joke. Even SLP has a better script than Argo. Argo's script isn't horrible, but it definitely isn't awards worthy. 

I think SLP could possibly pull of an Adapted Screenplay victory on Oscar night actually. 

I think Argo had a better screenplay than SLP. 

I just saw Amour. It actually reached my movie theater. I can't say I am all that impressed by that film. Riva gives a great performance though. And, now I think she has a 60% chance of winning and JLaw 40%. However, aside from actress, I only see this winning foriegn film.

I just saw Amour. It actually reached my movie theater. I can't say I am all that impressed by that film. Riva gives a great performance though. And, now I think she has a 60% chance of winning and JLaw 40%. However, aside from actress, I only see this winning foriegn film.

Posted Image

They really seem to be pushing the Riva and Trintignant have never worked together and look at the magic they worked on screen aspect. It's been mentioned in every single Riva interview I've seen and there's quite a few of them. It seems like the cool and hip thing to do these days, getting an interview with Emmanuelle Riva. 

Haneke's response to his twitter impersonator:

"A few months ago a student of mine told me about this," he said with a laugh in a recent interview. "Of course, I hadn't heard of it before. I tried to read some of the posts but my English isn't good enough to allow me that. I'm really not interested in what he's writing, but I'm fascinated by the fact that 25,000 people have subscribed to this feed of nonsense!"
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/michael-haneke-responds-to-his-twitter-handle#1lUpxwG2KxWylA3U.99

Edited by riczhang