Before Midnight

Blue Jasmine

The Counselor

Grace of Monaco

Inside Llewyn Davis

The Monuments Men

Saving Mr. Banks

Wolf of Wall Street

And dang you can't even read my old posts with this dang quote thing on here...

There were some other films I was thinking of....

Sorry I hate the quote thing so I did that instead.

I am thinking of a new set right now.

Currently I would not be surprise if Scott win director though.

Update:

American Hustle

The Counselor

Grace of Monaco

Gravity

Inside Llewyn Davis

The Monuments Men

Saving Mr. Banks

Wolf of Wall Street

Will All is Lost and Fruitvale looking in-as I put in another post I have some reasons to why I think All is Lost will be nominated-which is the fact that only Last King of Scotland won best actor with no other nominations (except the first Oscars). And if All is Lost wins best actor it would need another nomination-it wouldn't be screenplay so picture, here we go.

I'm not feeling All Is Lost for a BP. I'm not sure if it can reach beyond Redford's performance.

Also, is there still hope for Before Midnight? Its praise is within a small crowd, but it's pretty glowing.

I think All is Lost is looking good. Remember it is Chandor. He did very well with Margin Call, and this is an anticipated follow-up. 

And I don't think so. BM needed to hit midnight in paris numbers to get in IMO. 

Ugh..... i love and hate festivals at the same time. 12 Years looks like it'll probably happen, but logically I can't see it getting in with Butler, which is a huge conundrum for me atm for predictions. And then, ugh,..... I'll wait until festivals are over, but right now everything is a huge mess for me. 

Looks like ill have to settle for a screenplay nomination for midnight

Probably, there are already around 15 legitimate best pic contenders and for now few disapointed and we still haven't seen the heavyweights ,which could disapoiint.

But yeah, Before Midinight will get lost in the shuffle.

I have my doubts about Wolf Of Wall Street, American Hustle and The Monuments Men. There is almost no buzz for the first two outside of a razzle-dazzle trailer each which always makes me suspicious about the quality of the movie (see Les Miserables). The Monuments Men looks like something that has been beaten to death too many times to be taken seriously in the year 2013.

I really thought this year would be awful no less than a couple months ago, but all the contenders seem to be hitting in a big way. I'll be surprised if there are any fewer than 10 nominees at this point.

New predictions

Gravity

American Hustle

The Wolf of Wall Street

August: Osage County

Lee Daniels' The Butler

Fruitvale Station

12 Years A Slave (still not sure this will resonate, but those crazy raves are hard to ignore)

Rush

Inside Llewyn Davis

Saving Mr. Banks

Kicked out Monuments Men (simply looks too bland) and Blue Jasmine (would make it in in a normal year, but there's just so much competition)

It would also be a mistake to count out Her, Captain Phillips, and several others.

Edited by Sims

I can't logic my way around both Butler and 13 Tears getting in. They both look likely atm, which is amazing for 12, but I think one will miss in the end. Probably Butler. Buzz is already dying and there is the beginnings of some backlash against Oprah IMO.

I really thought this year would be awful no less than a couple months ago, but all the contenders seem to be hitting in a big way. I'll be surprised if there are any fewer than 10 nominees at this point.

New predictions

Gravity

American Hustle

The Wolf of Wall Street

August: Osage County

Lee Daniels' The Butler

Fruitvale Station

12 Years A Slave (still not sure this will resonate, but those crazy raves are hard to ignore)

Rush

Inside Llewyn Davis

Saving Mr. Banks

Kicked out Monuments Men (simply looks too bland) and Blue Jasmine (would make it in in a normal year, but there's just so much competition)

It would also be a mistake to count out Her, Captain Phillips, and several others.

Will gag if The Butler gets a nod over something like Blue Jasmine or Before Midnight. I'm really hoping 12 Years a Slave will stop the Academy from nominating The Butler. Also think Fruitvale is much more likely to get forgotten in the shuffle than something like Blue Jasmine.

And I believe Philomena is an absolute lock for BP. No Harvey picture has ever failed to get BP with that reception. I told you guys That clitoris searching filthymena was happening, despite whatever ADF shat on it.,

I don't know, the reactions seemed good but not out of this world.