Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

The rpemsise isn`t interesting at all and Affleck is alreayd the actor-director of the moment. The Homesman isn`t going to happen. It just isn`t.

Streep=Queen Midas, and it's a fairly good production by the looks of it.

We aren`t talking about the same person. i`m losing sleep over this movie. Check the cast list and without naming names you`re know who I`m talking about. Not Streep, not Swank, not TLJ.

Oh, Shitto. :rofl: She's not gonna ruin it. Drag it down a little maybe, but I'm not concerned at all. I'm more concerned about how the hell people think it can make 2013 when it doesn't wrap until May.

Are you sure her role isn`t baity? I`m hoping she spends her time the background like Dwarf #11 in The Hobbit. You know, non-speaking, background insane woman #11.

It's a lesser role, I'm fairly sure. And even if it was baity, you know both Swank and Streep will tower over her.

It's a lesser role, I'm fairly sure. And even if it was baity, you know both Swank and Streep will tower over her.

That`s true. if some brasilian telenovela star could get the "so charismatic, steals the movie" type of reviews for the movie they co-stared in and appeared naked (at 46? Ewwwww), I`m sure Meryl and Swanks should wipe the floor.

If anything it sounds like a baity role on paper depending completely on the screen time her character has. After all Otto is playing an emotionally disturbed mother struggling with the loss of her newborn child. Sounds like something the Oscars usually go for and I hope the best for her in the role under Tommy Lee Jones' direction. 

Nonetheless any kind of Oscar potential rests on the quality and popularity of the film. I really like Tommy Lee Jones as a director and loved The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (haven't seen his TV bits and pieces) . But this is only his sophomore theatrical feature and he seems far more interested in making small, personal and somewhat under the radar productions based around strong characters and conflicts. It may get a boost from Streep and Swank to put it in the public eye but I really couldn't care less about what it's oscar chances are at this point. I'm just hoping it's as interesting and engaging as his previous theatrical effort.  

Edited by Gazz

I haven't seen Three Burials, but TLJ made one hell of a film in The Sunset Limited. Which was a made-for-TV adaptation of a play set entirely in one room, yet felt more cinematic than a lot of movies and featured two of the strongest performances I've seen in the past few years.

• Like 1

That comes as no suprise to me. The guy knows good characters and has worked amongst the best in the business. I imagine there are many great directors he has taken notes from (and many others he has shrugged off for that matter) so he'll get the best from his cast. I will definitely check out The Sunset Limited soon, and suggest you do the same with Three Burials!

TLJ is good. He's not exceptional by any means and I think he's a bit flat compared to others. But he's still quite good. I think that he's probably one of the best actor turned director who's still mainly an actor. (which rules out people like Coppolla, and Eastwood)I'm excited for this. Goddess Meryl will bless you with her glory. :worthy:

If anything it sounds like a baity role on paper depending completely on the screen time her character has. After all Otto is playing an emotionally disturbed mother struggling with the loss of her newborn child. Sounds like something the Oscars usually go for and I hope the best for her in the role under Tommy Lee Jones' direction. 

She won`t be noticed. Those who read the book or script say it`s Swank and Tommy show and that crazy women are nearly mute and undistinguishable. She is never singled out in any ensamble and this won`t be an exception. And she`s a terrible actress. Terrible. She`ll bomb! And the movie will bomb too. I don`t know why you are rooting for her I`m telling you she not going to happen.

Please don`t try to troll me again. She`s a non-entity. The role isn`t baity. You don`t know anything. You are just making this up. Some ADFer whom I trust more than you said that insane women are flat and non-descript. There.

Edited by fishnets

Swank is Lead. Streep is supporting. so I've told. Apparently Streep's role is not very big, and most likely wouldn't be anything that gains any traction, but it's Goddess Meryl so she'll get traction. 

fishnets, have you ever met Otto? I can't help but think she did something personal to you.

She isn`t getting any awards attention. End of. Not even Ensamble SAG. The movie doesn`t sound that great and competition is already strong and the 19th century shit was explored in Lincoln and DU and 12 Years Slave sounds like a bigger deal. People are jumping on Streep bandwaggon here although it soudns like she isn`t in the movie much, just landing a name to her buddy`s movie. That`s it.

Swank is Lead. Streep is supporting. so I've told. Apparently Streep's role is not very big, and most likely wouldn't be anything that gains any traction, but it's Goddess Meryl so she'll get traction

Good because she is supporting like persona non grata. So let them talk about Meryl in this category only and forget that there are 3 loonies.

Please Ric confirm ADF chatter that loonies are almost mute non-entities and that it`s Swank and Tommy show. This troll Gazz really raised my blood pressure.

Edited by fishnets

I don't know why you're worried. She won't be getting any attention.

Exactly so this troll Gazz should stop writing fanfictions. I just read numerous reviews of the book and all of them rpetty much debate only Swank and Jones character. Nobody else stands out. Maybe Meryl gets a big scene when her character commits suicide.