riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

Anne Hathaway's Oscar Speech - O/U Melissa Leo levels of cringeworthiness?

I just re-watched it because of that Hathahaters buzzfeed article and yep, it is pretty bad. Maybe worse, because at least Melissa Leo was more "crazy" than desperate.The "bludgeoning tool against self doubt" line was so affected.... she really is Anne-oying.
  • Like 2

I just rewatched her speech and OMG! I forgot that she stole Kirk Douglas's cane at the end. :lol: this woman is batshit.

I think it was a bad choice to dig up Kirk Douglas' senile corpse and put him on the stage. Pretty awkward. The whole ceremony was a disaster
  • Like 1

Oh my god, I just watched the Leo speech in its entiretiy.Her outburst at the end about "SELLINN'' MOTION PICTURES!" followed by stealing an octogenarian's walking cane is some epic shit.Also the fact that her biggest, #1 thank you was to the Academy. Now that's a kissass.This whole video is classic. It features James Franco sleepwalking through Oscar duties, Anne-oying first stage of Oscar campaign for Les Miz, Kirk Douglas incoherent rambling, and finally the main event of Leogend.

Anne can outdo her in an eyelid (God knows Leo was really batshit phony). This will be the new benchmark of cringeworthy acceptance speech. I can sense it coming like I can sense I gonna take a big dump after gobbling up the most fatty Quadstacker.

Edited by dashrendar44

Oh my god, I just watched the Leo speech in its entiretiy.Her outburst at the end about "SELLINN'' MOTION PICTURES!" followed by stealing an octogenarian's walking cane is some epic shit.Also the fact that her biggest, #1 thank you was to the Academy. Now that's a kissass.This whole video is classic. It features James Franco sleepwalking through Oscar duties, Anne-oying first stage of Oscar campaign for Les Miz, Kirk Douglas incoherent rambling, and finally the main event of Leogend.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKYnTYaKQ8

You missed out my favourite part! When Leogend and Kirk Douglas start hitting on each other for some reason. :lol:I can only hope that this year's Oscars is this much of a trainwreck.

Are you serious? The 2011 Oscar ceremony was nearly unwatchable

I have to admit that I do enjoy laughing at some trainwreck television, so sure. I thought last year's ceremony was as uninspired as most of the films that won big prizes so better the former than the latter for me.

I have to admit that I do enjoy laughing at some trainwreck television, so sure. I thought last year's ceremony was as uninspired as most of the films that won big prizes so better the former than the latter for me.

I rather take safe and uninspired than cringe-inducingly bad and awkward like the 2011 ceremony was. It felt like the biggest waste of time. Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

I just re-watched it because of that Hathahaters buzzfeed article and yep, it is pretty bad. Maybe worse, because at least Melissa Leo was more "crazy" than desperate.

The "bludgeoning tool against self doubt" line was so affected.... she really is Anne-oying.

I thought that was a bit much but otherwise she was okay. Haha I thought her worst moment was when she hogged the mike before the producers got a chance to speak to finish her acceptance speech. The guy said "well we haven't even gotten a chance to start our speech yet, lol.(Or something like that) And almost as soon as he started the "wrap it up" music came on.

I got an idea of a Flash game like Whack the Mole,except Anne Hathaway is playing the mole. Everytime she's passing her smiley face through the hole to make a cringey acceptance speech, you bludgeon the top of her head with the Oscar-shape hammer to see her Fantine droopy sad face. The goal is to score the max before countdown expires. Does someone know how to use Flash here? :lol:

I'm convinced that would help people relieving their tension regarding Anne-oyance on the night of February the 24th. ^_^

Posted Image

(I love how she's the only one all giggly calling attention to her even when she's in the background, cuddling every single one crew member like she won 11 Oscars in a row. I can totally picture the younger Amanda Seyfried telling her "Calm the fuck down Annie, please stop squeezing me, it's just a Golden Globe FFS")

Edited by dashrendar44