Rudolf

The Carrie Diaries (Sex And The City - prequel)

I was (and still am) a huge SATC-fan, because of the humor and the relationships. The backstories were intersting too. The different characters: sex-freaks, jewish, episcopalian, brazilian, black physicians, white sportsman, lawyers, artists, craftsman, gays, politician, virgin, businesmen, Russians, models .. were always interesting

maybe they overdid it with the almost encyclopedic treatment of all sexual expressions

What do you think about the prequel The Carrie Diaries?

Carrie Bradshaw once said her father left, when she was very young. So they forgot that.NY, parties and fashion reminds of SATC. I thought they would go for a 20yearold young woman fresh in a big city with her problems. TCD seems to be a coming of age in the 80s story. No cels to call dad.I doubt that many SATC-fans will tune in for that story very long.

it was ok but i don't think i'll be watching and it probably will get cancelled, the 80s on tv so last century...plus as a SATC fan they've changed too mant things , and agree they should have started when she's about to move to new york , here it seems like we'd get 3yrs of high school plus i don't remember carrie having a sister or her dad, said dad abandonned her and her issues with men stem from her daddy issues, carrie is at least 33 when SATC starts so they had ample space to tell story of young woman reaching in new city introduced the other girlsi like the actress though ,she made me cry in bridge to terabitha, was totally blindsided by end!

• Like 1

it was ok but i don't think i'll be watching and it probably will get cancelled, the 80s on tv so last century...plus as a SATC fan they've changed too mant things , and agree they should have started when she's about to move to new york , here it seems like we'd get 3yrs of high school plus i don't remember carrie having a sister or her dad, said dad abandonned her and her issues with men stem from her daddy issues, carrie is at least 33 when SATC starts so they had ample space to tell story of young woman reaching in new city introduced the other girlsi like the actress though ,she made me cry in bridge to terabitha, was totally blindsided by end!

I hated the end of Terabitha.

I was (and still am) a huge SATC-fan, because of the humor and the relationships. The backstories were intersting too. The different characters: sex-freaks, jewish, episcopalian, brazilian, black physicians, white sportsman, lawyers, artists, craftsman, gays, politician, virgin, businesmen, Russians, models .. were always interesting

maybe they overdid it with the almost encyclopedic treatment of all sexual expressions

What do you think about the prequel The Carrie Diaries?

Bad idea. I'm a big SATC fan and this does not seem interesting at all.

• Community Manager

Carrie as a big liar? In SATC she seemed devoted the truth even, when it was not so enchanting.

Well, maybe the series explores her eventual devotion to the truth. Don't assume the Carrie in SATC is the same as the one in this prequel-otherwise there would be no growth or development.
  • Like 1