iceroll

How it should have ended: The Hobbit

I like these videos a lot more than CinemaSins or Honest Trailers because they feel like they're more celebrations of these movies (warts and all) than nitpicky takedowns.

Agreed, they're meant to be good-natured jabs at a couple points where the plotting is just a bit too contrived/convoluted.For example I remember for the Star Wars one their solution is for the Death Star to blow up the gas giant of Yavin, giving it a clean shot at Yavin IV instantly instead of taking all that time to orbit the planet.Of course the video ignores that all the extra written materials in the SW universe show that the original Death Star takes hours to charge up a superlaser blast (which is why it orbited Yavin since it was the quicker way). But that's fine since it's meant to be a light-hearted joke rather than a comprehensive rap on the knuckles for "mistakes." Same with the LOTR/Hobbit ones ignoring that the Eagles can't be trusted to carrying someone with the Ring because like any other sentient creature they'd fall under its influence.

I like these videos a lot more than CinemaSins or Honest Trailers because they feel like they're more celebrations of these movies (warts and all) than nitpicky takedowns.

I think most will think the same. HISHE and Honest trailers are completely two different channels. HISHE creates original animations (based on the movies of cause). Honest trailers just uses the footage from the movie, and adds a bit of their own thoughts.