Leatherface

Men don't go to movies much anymore, do they?

The top movies thus far this year have all drawn more women than men as I don't have the data yet for Mama but since it's a horror film, it most likely sold more tickets to women than men as even Texas Chainsaw 3D did (52 to 48%) and it's a slasher more likely to draw men. Zero Dark Thirty drew more women as well and looking back at last year, you had huge hits like Magic Mike, The Hunger Games, Twilight, and The Vow that all were heavily skewed towards women.Men seem to only see the big event films as The Avengers was 60-40 in favor of males. Outside of a select few like that film, women seem to outnumber men going to movies quite a bit. You can have a hit without drawing men but you can't without drawing women at least some. The Vow had like a 70-30 split in women's favor. You can't have that with a male skewing film and have it actually be a hit. It'll be interesting to see the split on The Last Stand, if we even do. I bet it has something like the 70-30 in favor of males. Lo and behold, it's a huge flop.Why is this? Are men just more preoccupied/interested in watching sports and video games? Do women have more free time?

• Like 1

Just because some movies have majority female ticket buyers that doesn't mean men don't go the movies. TC3D getting 48% men equates to over *1 million* guys buying tickets to see that film alone on that weekend.

But as a slasher, a genre known for its gore and attractive and scantily-clad females, for it to be more of a draw for women than men in spite of the two aforementioned facets, is kind of surprising.

Men have dozens of movies aimed at them per year, while womans don't, and men download thousands of movies from the internet, while woman still like to go to the movies from time to time.

TCM did so well with women because Trey Songz was in it. I know this board doesn't know him, but he's as much a sex symbol among African-American women as some like Gosling is among white women. That explains that one

Well, then women, both white and black, like losers. One features a high-pitched nasally whine and the other, well the other calls himself Trey f-ing Songz, what else do you need to know? Ape-like dum-dum model Channing Tatum isn't any better. Edited by Leatherface

Well, then women, both white and black, like losers. One features a high-pitched nasally whine and the other, well the other calls himself Trey f-ing Songz, what else do you need to know? Ape-like dum-dum model Channing Tatum isn't any better.

Judging people you've never heard of and considering all women stupid for liking attractive people , always a great way to express your opinion.

Yep! because men do not like women because they are attractive. Men do not go see movies for a hot actress. :rolleyes:

Of course not. In fact, I didn't even hear one guy on this board mention Alexandra Daddario when it came to TCM (not!)People like attractive people, I can't fault them for that, man or woman, black or white.

Yep! because men do not like women because they are attractive. Men do not go see movies for a hot actress. :rolleyes:

Why wasn't Showgirls a hit? Femme Fatale? Jennifer's Body? Chloe? The list goes on. Men don't care if a movie has an attractive woman in it. They need another reason to see it outside of that. For me, TCM 3D is an example. I would see it regardless of who was in it since it's a horror film. The casting was just a bonus. If they want to look at said woman, that's what the Internet is for. Women apparently don't other than to swoon at Gosling, Tatum, Songz, etc. because they apparently, haven't heard of said Internet. Edited by Leatherface

Why wasn't Showgirls a hit? Femme Fatale? Jennifer's Body? Chloe? The list goes on. Men don't care if a movie has an attractive woman in it. They need another reason to see it outside of that. If they want to look at said woman, that's what the Internet is for. Women apparently don't other than to swoon at Gosling, Tatum, Songz, etc. because they apparently, haven't heard of said Internet.

Seriously?!

Why wasn't Showgirls a hit? Femme Fatale? Jennifer's Body? Chloe? The list goes on. Men don't care if a movie has an attractive woman in it. They need another reason to see it outside of that. For me, TCM 3D is an example. I would see it regardless of who was in it since it's a horror film. The casting was just a bonus. If they want to look at said woman, that's what the Internet is for. Women apparently don't other than to swoon at Gosling, Tatum, Songz, etc. because they apparently, haven't heard of said Internet.

This is how Fox News would look if they analyzed box office.
  • Like 1

Actually leatherface is right. Men don't go to movies anymore and there is a consederable research backing it. Most researchers think illegal downloading is the real culprit as men are more likely to be illegal downloaders. Most studios are adjusting accordingly as you don't see them throwing big money at "male genre" (action).

Why wasn't Showgirls a hit? Femme Fatale? Jennifer's Body? Chloe? The list goes on. Men don't care if a movie has an attractive woman in it. They need another reason to see it outside of that. For me, TCM 3D is an example. I would see it regardless of who was in it since it's a horror film. The casting was just a bonus. If they want to look at said woman, that's what the Internet is for. Women apparently don't other than to swoon at Gosling, Tatum, Songz, etc. because they apparently, haven't heard of said Internet.

Women hurt you a lot, I can see that, such a hatred and jealousy...
  • Like 1

I don`t think that more movies are made for men. It`s just that there`s this steroetype where romcoms and romance are considered for women but when you look at leads in many so-called movies for men they are obvious estrogen baits. Ever since Titanic movies are pandering to women and girls either by casting actors who are appealing to women or by shoe-horning romance and obligatory kick-ass chicks in so-called men`s movies.