BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

As of the end of November, 2014 is up 14% in admissions and 4% in gross compared to 2013!!!   :wiggle:

Let's hope this is a true rebound and next year we keep that trend. Said this, a 14% more in admissions is, if I am not wrong, about 11 million admissions (about 80 million last year). Ocho apellidos vascos has sold more than 9 million. That could be the difference. We do not have a 8AV phenomenon every year...

• Like 1

Let's hope this is a true rebound and next year we keep that trend. Said this, a 14% more in admissions is, if I am not wrong, about 11 million admissions (about 80 million last year). Ocho apellidos vascos has sold more than 9 million. That could be the difference. We do not have a 8AV phenomenon every year...

And also "La Fiesta del Cine" is getting more and more popular every time ;)

• Like 1

And also "La Fiesta del Cine" is getting more and more popular every time ;)

That is true, but for example, 8AV sold 900k admissions in Fiesta del Cine. Maybe the Fiesta del Cine of April would had not been so succesful without that film. I do not deny that those promos are great to take back people to cinemas, but I do not know if it will be enough to recover the market.

Said this, I really hope it is a trend change :)

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

That is true, but for example, 8AV sold 900k admissions in Fiesta del Cine. Maybe the Fiesta del Cine of April would had not been so succesful without that film. I do not deny that those promos are great to take back people to cinemas, but I do not know if it will be enough to recover the market.   Said this, I really hope it is a trend change :)
One thing is more than clear: The spanish movies save the year!!!! :)   La Fiesta del Cine: every time is more successful!!!    1414700853_184092_1414701856_sumario_grande.jpg
  • Like 1

One thing is more than clear: The spanish movies save the year!!!! :)

La Fiesta del Cine: every time is more successful!!! 

1414700853_184092_1414701856_sumario_grande.jpg

Sure. 8AV, El Niño, La Isla Mínima, Torrente 5 and now, Mortadelo y Filemón are making good money :)

In 2015 we have the return of Amenabar, Anacleto: agente secreto or the new Mediaset animation film (Atrapa la bandera). Adding some comedies like the new Bajo Ulloa's film I think we could see good numbers.

• Like 1

2014 has been a special year, and even if it will be hard to repeat, it seems like this new wave of big productions by Mediaset and Atresmedia will continue for a good while.

By the way, nice to see that Mortadelo & Filemón entered higher than Penguins. M&F are beloved characters, but you never know if the new generations will get into the 'classics.'

Edited by The47th
  • Like 2