BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

February 15th-17th:

d4veCaV.jpg

Decent opening for Alita taking into account the numbers of other countries. It should manage 6-7 million euros and 1 million admissions.

Green Book seems to be definitely the most benefited because awards (beyond BR). Another great drop. It could try €6m.

Lego movie will probably be destroyed by HTTYD3, which opens today. €2.5m, maybe €3m, but no more.

Aquaman is probably leaving the top 25 this weekend, but it has had a very good run for a SH film, close to €14m.

We will see what happens on Sunday with Oscars to know if BR definitely falls in €27m or if it has a (new) bump to go beyond that amount.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

HTTYD3 debuts at #1 on Friday already (expect big Saturday and Sunday bump), On The Basis Of Sex debuts at #5 and Destroyer appears at #8 (that's surprising). No signs of Holmes and Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Edited by ScareLol
Typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rthanos said:

HTTYD3 looking around lc2.5m weekend

That's an amazing number and without competition until Captain Marvel, legs will be great.

Destroyer isn't in the Top 10 anymore and On The Basis Of Sex is at #5 again. HTTYD3 smashing as Rthanos said

• Like 2

Presales for my cinema tomorrow. They are all super low and the titles are not big

4 Latas (5 shows)

2D 20:20: 2/197

At Eternity's Gate (4 shows) - 0 tickets sold

Feedback (5 Shows) - 0 tickets sold

Welcome To Marwen (4 Shows) - 0 tickets sold

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 2

February 22nd-24th:

yIRTc5c.jpg

HTTYD3 opens similar to second part. It should manage similar numbers:

HTTYD1: 9,423,167 €

HTTYD2: 9,030,897 €

Alita's drop is quite average. €4.5-5m final.

Green Book drops a minimal 15% before winning Oscars. I see unpredictable where it can land now. €7.5-8m is probable, maybe it can try €10m, what would be great for this kind of film.

BR finally reaches €27m. It already ranks #14 of all time. The Others (#13) is just €200k ahead. It needs €650k more to beat HP1 (#12). It still could do it.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, peludo said:

February 22nd-24th:

yIRTc5c.jpg

HTTYD3 opens similar to second part. It should manage similar numbers:

HTTYD1: 9,423,167 €

HTTYD2: 9,030,897 €

Alita's drop is quite average. €4.5-5m final.

Green Book drops a minimal 15% before winning Oscars. I see unpredictable where it can land now. €7.5-8m is probable, maybe it can try €10m, what would be great for this kind of film.

BR finally reaches €27m. It already ranks #14 of all time. The Others (#13) is just €200k ahead. It needs €650k more to beat HP1 (#12). It still could do it.

HTTYD2 opened with €2.1M.

16 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Green Book is a box office hit in Spain. People are loving it and raving about the film everywhere. Captain Marvel will destroy the competition this weekend

Holdovers could be a bit affected, but destroyed? Last year, during Black Panther OW, just 50 shades freed dropped over a 50% among top 10. Even The shape of water was released the same weekend with a good €1.6m.

Maybe this year, with Women's day it can have better data than BP considering that the film is starred by a woman, but considering the size of SH films in Spain I do not see a debacle in holdovers.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

Holdovers could be a bit affected, but destroyed? Last year, during Black Panther OW, just 50 shades freed dropped over a 50% among top 10. Even The shape of water was released the same weekend with a good €1.6m.

Maybe this year, with Women's day it can have better data than BP considering that the film is starred by a woman, but considering the size of SH films in Spain I do not see a debacle in holdovers.

You are right, destroy is not the right word to use here. For better wording, CM will be #1 with a large margin over #2 this weekend.

• Like 2

March 1st-3rd:

ULkRnBb.jpg

Apparently good drop for HTTYD3, but the total after second weekend is similar to HTTYD2, which dropped a 58% and opened lower. I guess that Summer weekdays compensated the weekends. 9-10m should be the target, like the other 2 previous films.

Green Book increases a 34% after winning the Oscar. Unpredictable. I say €10m but who knows.

Good drop for Alita. It should reach €6m.

Bohemian Rhapsody increases again after Oscars. I guess this is the last rebound. It has outgrossed The Others and already ranks #13. Next station, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (€27.69m).

Captain Marvel coming tomorrow. I do not know if Women's day can take more people to see this female starred film, but I think we should expect the same opening than other MCU solo films, somewhere between 2 and 3 million euros.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4