BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Top 10 - 31 Diciembre 1-EL REGRESO DE MARY POPPINS 2-AQUAMAN 3-RALPH ROMPE INTERNET 4-SPIDER-MAN: UN NUEVO UNIVERSO 5-EL GRINCH 6-BUMBLEBEE 7-SUPERLÓPEZ 8-BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY 9-TIEMPO DESPUÉS 10-ELIMINADO: DARK WEB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 - 1 Enero: 1-AQUAMAN 2-REGRESO DE MARY POPPINS 3-BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY 4-RALPH ROMPE INTERNET 5-SPIDER-MAN: NUEVO UNIVERSO 6-BUMBLEBEE 7-SUPERLOPEZ 8-TIEMPO DESPUES 9-EL GRINCH 10-ELIMINADO: DARK WEB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, boyamama said:

lmfao..it is only 1 day.......congrats btw...the number must be close...

Why do have to be demeaning towards MPR? He just stated that MPR has take the first position on monday, he didn't give any mean comment on the movie you got nutz for, he just stated a fact. Unless we get numbers we don't even know what it implies for all we know AQM had a superb gross and MPR just had a little bit bigger jump. Also AQM might be on top on tuesday and wednesday. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is remarkable because Aquaman opened by nearly double than Mary Poppins. And I still would not bet on Aquaman grossing more than MPR at the end of their respective runs. 

I simply stated a fact, don't know why you are so pressed when I didn't like MPR and I love AQM. It's always beautiful to see a close race for #1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScareLol said:

I simply stated a fact, don't know why you are so pressed when I didn't like MPR and I love AQM. It's always beautiful to see a close race for #1.

You do not need to justify yourself or your tastes. Some people react in this way when their movies are unexpectedly outgrossed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, peludo said:

It is remarkable because Aquaman opened by nearly double than Mary Poppins. And I still would not bet on Aquaman grossing more than MPR at the end of their respective runs. 

it is remarkable..

btw don't get me wrong i just play with"first time ever " quote and " first day only"...the key joke is " first" . no ill feeling to anything ,i don't know u guys taking this into extreme meaning....

• Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, boyamama said:

it is remarkable..

btw don't get me wrong i just play with"first time ever " quote and " first day only"...the key joke is " first" . no ill feeling to anything ,i don't know u guys taking this into extreme meaning....

maybe you should work on your wording, see how many seem not to agree to the joke....

I posted so many comscore news from different countries, b´not sure if thos is a repeat tweet or a new one

Datos mercado CINE 2018 España: €587M y 97,7M espectadores. Más info en nota de prensa adjunta

Dv6-pgsXcAIb9-S.jpg

Dv6-3MRXgAIW-fe.jpg
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I posted so many comscore news from different countries, b´not sure if thos is a repeat tweet or a new one

Datos mercado CINE 2018 España: €587M y 97,7M espectadores. Más info en nota de prensa adjunta

Dv6-pgsXcAIb9-S.jpg

Dv6-3MRXgAIW-fe.jpg

It says:

* €585.7m grossed and 97.7 million admissions sold during 2018 (provisional data)

* After growing during 2014. 2015 and 2016 and holding flat in 2017, tickets and gross have dropped about a 2% in 2018.

* First half of the year: 46.2 million admissions (-3.9% relative to 2017)

* Second half of the year: 51.4 million admissions (-0.2%)

* Local films get a 17.5% market share

* Jurassic World is the biggest film of the year and Campeones is the biggest local film of the year

* 58% of the admissions were sold during weekends and 42% during weekdays

* Saturday is the biggest day of the week: 23.4 million admissions

* Wednesday (discount tickets), is the second biggest day of the week: 18.8 million admissions

* 27-29th April was the biggest weekend combined: €11.2m and 1.6 million admissions (Infinity War opening)

* Jurassic World did the biggest OW: €7.1m

Ranking by % admissions and provinces (Spain has 50 provinces):

1. Madrid: 19.5% of admissions

2. Barcelona: 13.7%

3. Valencia: 6.3%

4. Alicante: 4.1%

5. Sevilla: 3.74%

6. Málaga: 3.68%

7. Murcia: 3.09%

8. Baleares: 2.79%

9. Las Palmas: 2.71%

10. Cádiz: 2.54%

Biggest films of the year:

1. Jurassic World: €24,223,178

2. Bohemian Rhapsody: €22,101,541

3. Incredibles 2: €21,147,043

4. Infinity War: €20,503,973

5. Campeones: €19,090,258

6. Hotel Transylvania 3: €13,441,006

7. 50 shades freed: €12,227,376

8. Megalodon: €11,018,823

9. Fantastic Beasts 2: €10,875,789

10. The Nun: €10,623,860

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

So it was hopefully interesting for you 😉 Maybe that's something (or parts of it) for Olive's new thread?

Interesting for sure. Thank you very much :)

And yes, it is what Olive is looking for. I have just posted some of these data. I have not time now, but I will complete the post tomorrow with the ranking by admissions.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, ScareLol said:

MPR is #1 for the first day ever. Let's see today because it's a pretty big day for cinemas here in Spain (New Year's Day)

Movies on 31th had only 1 pass. 

By the way yesterday was the best day of the holidays at my theater. 

• Like 2

December 28th-30th

HeaP7mx.jpg

Many rises along the list. And we will see strong data this upcoming weekend, with holidays until Monday included in several regions. I said possible final figures for some films last week and it confirms that I have too much to learn about Spain BO...

I said that Aquaman would compete to match Venom or Deadpool (€9.5m), but it is making well over it. Maybe 12-13 million.

Mary Poppins increases and it should keep numbers this weekend. I said 7-8 million, but I think it already should try 10 million. Who knows if more.

Ralph 2 is outgrossing its predecessor (€9.7m) and maybe trying to outgross Hotel Transylvania 3 (€13.4m) as the second biggest animated film of the year (behind Incredibles)

Superlópez keeps holding very well. It could try €13m.

Last week I had Bohemian Rhapsody making €22m in total. One week later it has already done it...

I think it is locked to beat Jurassic World 2 as the biggest film of 2018 and maybe try €25m. The all time list is:

16. A Monster calls: €26.15m

17. The Orphanage: €25.06m

18. Toy Story 3: €24.99m

19. Up: €24.92m

20. The Phantom Menace: €24.50m

21. Minions: €24.43m

22. Jurassic World 2: €24.22m

I think BR can land somewhere between A Monster Calls and JW2. We'll see if it can go beyond that...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3