BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

9 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

If I’m reading correctly, the 4 day nature of the opening means it could potentially exceed IW’s OW by over 40% in lc?

IW opened on Friday with €6.8m (€7.2m including some previews on Thursday)

Let's say that Endgame barely beats the OW record and makes €9m 3-day (FSS). That would mean a 25% higher than the IW's OW.

The problem for this is to compare a Thursday opening (Endgame) with a Friday opening (Infinity War). Thursday will be inflated as hell and will make the true OW lower than could have been with a Friday release.

Talking about the 4-day opening, let's say it makes €11m, so we could be talking about a 53% increase in lc but with 1 more day.

Btw, there is another record to beat from 2003: ROTK sold 1.7 million admissions during its 5 initial days (it was released on Wednesday). I do not remember any other bigger opening in terms of admissions. With a €6.5m average ticket price, and asuming a €11m 4-day opening, that would mean 1.69m admissions. Basically the same opening with 1 day less than ROTK.

To put into perspective, LOTR trilogy is the most succesful franchise ever in Spain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Two last weekends

March 29th-31st

uwCy9vK.jpg

April 5th-7th:

V6ptsc0.jpg

Dumbo is obviously the great surprise. It started very strong, but the second weekend drop rises it to another level.

To compare, Jungle Book did:

OW: €3,879,566

2nd wknd: €2,798,835 (-28%) (€7,626,680 cume)

Dumbo is just €350k behind. But Jungle Book had a 27% and a 21% drop at 3rd and 4th weekends, respectively. We'll see if Dumbo is able to keep that pace. Anyway, €13m should already be the floor.

Shazam! starts with €1.5m. 4.5-5 million should be the target.

Pet sematary targets €2.5m.

"Dolor y gloria" has had two good drops (-28% and -24%). It has already reached a x3 multiplier. €6m should be reachable, what would mean a x5 multiplier.

Captain Marvel is holding very well. Rising the previous projection 11.5-12 to €12.5m.

"Us" heading to 3.8-4 million.

Green Book is now the oldest film in top 25. It already has a 8.19 multiplier. It could finish with €9.5m.

Bohemian Rhapsody has finally left the top 25 after 22 weeks. Last data is €27.6m, what means a x6.13 multiplier from the 5-day opening... It has ranked #13 all time, just €94k behind the #12 spot.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Pre-sales for tomorrow with 6 new releases and 1 event film (anime)

After (4 Shows):

17:50 2D: 51/212

22:20 2D: 4/212

This is great. Possible +1M?

Lo Dejo Cuando Quiera (9 Shows): 0 tickets sold - This film has a lot of promo so I expect ok numbers 

Mia And The White Lion (6 Shows) - 0 tickets sold

Non-Fiction (4 Shows): 0 tickets sold

The Aftermatch (4 Shows): 0 tickets sold

Wonder Park (6 Shows):

16:00 2D: 4/212

18:00 2D: 18/212

Not terrible to be quite honest

I Wanna Eat Your Pancreas (1 show):

20:00 2D: 5/212

Possible entries for Top 10: After, Lo Dejo Cuando Quiera, Wonder Park and I'm not sure if Aftermath and Mia will enter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

TOP 10 Provisional - 11 Abril 1-DUMBO 2-¡SHAZAM! 3-CEMENTERIO DE ANIMALES 4-DOLOR Y GLORIA 5-CAPITANA MARVEL 6-AFTER 7-NOSOTROS 8-MULA 9-IDENTIDAD BORRADA 10-ESCAPE ROOM

Let's wait for the actuals tomorrow morning but that After position is amazing

• Like 1

Top 10 Provisional - 12 Abril 1-AFTER, AQUÍ EMPIEZA TODO 2-LO DEJO CUANDO QUIERA 3-DUMBO 4-DOLOR Y GLORIA 5-¡SHAZAM! 6-DOBLES VIDAS 7-CEMENTERIO DE ANIMALES 8-MIA Y EL LEÓN BLANCO 9-EL DÍA QUE VENDRÁ 10-EL PARQUE MÁGICO

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Top 10 Provisional - 12 Abril 1-AFTER, AQUÍ EMPIEZA TODO 2-LO DEJO CUANDO QUIERA 3-DUMBO 4-DOLOR Y GLORIA 5-¡SHAZAM! 6-DOBLES VIDAS 7-CEMENTERIO DE ANIMALES 8-MIA Y EL LEÓN BLANCO 9-EL DÍA QUE VENDRÁ 10-EL PARQUE MÁGICO

Let's wait for actuals who are posted at 4AM in Spain. That top is probably wrong

Top 10 - 12 Abril 1-AFTER, AQUÍ EMPIEZA TODO 2-LO DEJO CUANDO QUIERA 3-DUMBO 4-¡SHAZAM! 5-CEMENTERIO DE ANIMALES 6-MIA Y EL LEÓN BLANCO 7-EL PARQUE MÁGICO 8-DOLOR Y GLORIA 9-CAPITANA MARVEL 10-EL DÍA QUE VENDRÁ

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Sure, every data is always useful and well received :) 

I wasn't sure out of the wordings of other reactions ;)

Charlie Jatider asks at the Engame OS thread for European presales in case you or someone else has data, I think it would be appreciated to post them there (I am still the finals kind of person, real finals over OWs.... but a slight interest into OWs finals over any estimate... you'll know ehat I mean)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Charlie Jatider asks at the Engame OS thread for European presales in case you or someone else has data, I think it would be appreciated to post them there (I am still the finals kind of person, real finals over OWs.... but a slight interest into OWs finals over any estimate... you'll know ehat I mean)

That was my bad. English is not my first language and I sounded so rude, so I'm sorry. EndGame was at 175K pre-sales 5 days ago

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

That was my bad. English is not my first language and I sounded so rude, so I'm sorry. EndGame was at 175K pre-sales 5 days ago

That's o.K., English isn't my first language neither.

Hence why I wrote ~ I wasn't sure, but was pretty sure Peludo once said he wants them if I come across them.

Sometimes things can change, I might miss it. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

It is not usual to have presales reports unless it is a record breaker as Endgame is. Scarelol has already posted the last available data. But as soon as I know any new data I will post it :)

• Like 3