24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Dont take this as an offense but that kinda your problem right there: you just cant comprehend people disliking movies or things you like.

That's not true at all, I just quoted ainsleyb, who said the exact same thing. :)

I dont even know what to say. Okay, I dont think Movie 43 is quite the soul-crushing apocalypse some critics have made it out to be. I managed to sit through the whole thing on one sitting. That being said, its still A LOAD OF FUCKING BULLSHIT. Holy shit, its so bad! Its just.. aggressively unfunny and baffling to watch. I was in a state of utter numbness and silent shock while watching this. I still dont understand how they got all these Oscar-winning actors and A-listers to humiliate themselves with the lamest, laziest, most immature and just damn stupid material you could imagine. I got a few chuckles from Chris Pratt's shitting episode, but even that skit ended the worst way possible, and therein lies one of the films biggest problems: Movie 43 consists of several little short comedy sketches, each lasting about 5-10 minutes, and none of them have any structure. They just end without a punchline or a proper closing because they obviously just couldn't come up with anything, and poof you're treated with another one. One sketch involving Patrick Warburton literally just finishes with him letting out a big stinky fart and turning on the tv, starting the next bit. Sometimes they dont even have any jokes, like the Hugh Jackman skit is mostly him jiggling his throat-balls around. 

I'd imagine watching an orphanage full of kids burn to the ground would be a more joyous experience than sitting through this shit for a second time. 

1/5

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 3

I changed it to a 6. There were two really funny skits and a few that were oky and a few that were horrible. But I was in stitches in the Terrence Howard skit. Anyone that didn't enjoyed that skit even slightly needs to find out what defect they must have right away.

I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. The fact that you were in "tears" is slightly worrying. What about it did you find funny? The hilarious way Terrence Howard told the players that they were black, over and over again? Or the side splitting way the black players thought he was talking about teamwork?

The movie was atrocious, I've seen a lot of your other reviews and I think you have to accept that your taste rarely goes with the majority opinion. Whilst that isn't necessarily a bad thing it does show that your judgement on certain films is questionable to say the least.

I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. The fact that you were in "tears" is slightly worrying. What about it did you find funny? The hilarious way Terrence Howard told the players that they were black, over and over again? Or the side splitting way the black players thought he was talking about teamwork?

The movie was atrocious, I've seen a lot of your other reviews and I think you have to accept that your taste rarely goes with the majority opinion. Whilst that isn't necessarily a bad thing it does show that your judgement on certain films is questionable to say the least.

My taste is questionable?  lol.

My taste is for me, not for anyone else.  And yes, the black skit was hilarious.  It reminds me of an Eddie Murphy skit.

Well, next time I see a movie, I'll ask you whether I'm allowed to like it or not.

Please tell me if I'm allowed to enjoy:

The Colony

Mud

The Big Wedding

Thanks

A little piece of my soul died watching this "movie". I laughed once and that was during the Howard skit and only the slow clap part, otherwise this was a terrible movie. This was down in the dumps alongside the Friedberg/Seltzer POS movies.

½*/*****, (F, 0.8/10, 0/4)

I'm changing it back to a 7. 

Watched it again last night and the leprechaun skit was great and the the Howard skit made me cry from laughing.