Blankments

Blanked Out Reviews, Y6 (Top 25 Is Up!)

Sorry for the wait, a truly bizarre thing happened last night (look in the Crowd Report thread if you want to see.) Let's wrap this up.

Michael Fassbender in Expedecade: My own film, I still stick by my opinion that is the best blockbuster I've done (although my best film yet still belongs to Dogs). Great action, direction, and story from Nolan. 9.5/10

Ryan Gosling in High Life: I don't like Ryan Gosling, but this film blew me away with Jonze's amazing story and awards-caliber direction. Just a really great film. 9.5/10

Clive Owen in 451: 

Fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite books ever, and this is the best adaptation of the material yet. 9.5/10

Jennifer Lawrence in Society: 

See my review. 9.5/10

Bradley Cooper in 

Best Friends: I'm always up for a good dramedy, but this is a great dramedy. Cooper shows more of his phenomenal acting, and Day shows his chops as well. Funny and heartfelt thanks to the sharp script, and overall, it's the only movie of the year I can give a 10/10.

Sorry for the wait, a truly bizarre thing happened last night (look in the Crowd Report thread if you want to see.) Let's wrap this up.

Michael Fassbender in Expedecade: My own film, I still stick by my opinion that is the best blockbuster I've done (although my best film yet still belongs to Dogs). Great action, direction, and story from Nolan. 9.5/10

Ryan Gosling in High Life: I don't like Ryan Gosling, but this film blew me away with Jonze's amazing story and awards-caliber direction. Just a really great film. 9.5/10

Clive Owen in 451: 

Fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite books ever, and this is the best adaptation of the material yet. 9.5/10

Jennifer Lawrence in Society: 

See my review. 9.5/10

Bradley Cooper in 

Best Friends: I'm always up for a good dramedy, but this is a great dramedy. Cooper shows more of his phenomenal acting, and Day shows his chops as well. Funny and heartfelt thanks to the sharp script, and overall, it's the only movie of the year I can give a 10/10.

Expedecade...

Posted Image

• Like 2

So it's the second year in a row Spaghetti predicted my top five perfectly! Also, Numbers was going to be pissed either way, since I honestly had a difficult time deciding whether Expedecade or Cyber should be in my top 5, but Bond won out in the end. Here's the full top 25!

1. Best Friends

2. Society

3. 451

4. High Life

5. Expedecade

6. Cyber

7. Careful Laid Plans

8. To The Moon

9. 24 Hours

10. Last Ditch Effort

11. Sir Thymes Time

12. The Zone

13. Planeswalkers: Betrayals

14. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant Spiders

15. Mr. Rogers Goes to Washington

16. The Cardinal in the Kremlin

17. Paddles: The Video Game Story

18. Bounty Hunters From Heaven

19. Avarice

20. Wicked

21. Mysteries of the Beyond

22. Le Grand Ecran

23. Guardians of the Internet

24. Portal

25. Haunted Hoax

And ten honorable mentions:

The 39 Clues: One False Note

Aquaman

Avenue Q

Bioshock

The Different Ones

The Golden Bird

The Improper Exchange

Texans Hate Zombies

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Wonder Woman

• Like 1

Great for Society... I think we should create a rule that we shouldn't be allowed to feature our own movies in our tops... I mean, liking your own movie is like ... Not nice (Avoid saying what I wanted to say)

So it's the second year in a row Spaghetti predicted my top five perfectly! Also, Numbers was going to be pissed either way, since I honestly had a difficult time deciding whether Expedecade or Cyber should be in my top 5, but Bond won out in the end. Here's the full top 25!

1. Best Friends

2. Society

3. 451

4. High Life

5. Expedecade

6. Cyber

7. Careful Laid Plans

8. To The Moon

9. 24 Hours

10. Last Ditch Effort

11. Sir Thymes Time

12. The Zone

13. Planeswalkers: Betrayals

14. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant Spiders

15. Mr. Rogers Goes to Washington

16. The Cardinal in the Kremlin

17. Paddles: The Video Game Story

18. Bounty Hunters From Heaven

19. Avarice

20. Wicked

21. Mysteries of the Beyond

22. Le Grand Ecran

23. Guardians of the Internet

24. Portal

25. Haunted Hoax

And ten honorable mentions:

The 39 Clues: One False Note

Aquaman

Avenue Q

Bioshock

The Different Ones

The Golden Bird

The Improper Exchange

Texans Hate Zombies

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Wonder Woman

With Cyber I would have been disappointed since it's a mediocre film. But Bond pisses me off because it's a shitstain the franchise hasn't seen in 30 years or so (I have avoided Die Another Day so I can't include it as a terrible Bond film).

Just me and my opinions.

• Like 1

Great for Society... I think we should create a rule that we shouldn't be allowed to feature our own movies in our tops... I mean, liking your own movie is like ... Not nice (Avoid saying what I wanted to say)

Not trying to be aggressive, but I don't see why this is being brought up in my thread. Ric put his own film at #2 (along with another in the top 5,) and Hiccup also had a film at #2. My highest ranking film is #5.

With Cyber I would have been disappointed since it's a mediocre film. But Bond pisses me off because it's a shitstain the franchise hasn't seen in 30 years or so (I have avoided Die Another Day so I can't include it as a terrible Bond film).

Just me and my opinions.

At least I didn't place it at #3. ;)

Not trying to be aggressive, but I don't see why this is being brought up in my thread. Ric put his own film at #2 (along with another in the top 5,) and Hiccup also had a film at #2. My highest ranking film is #5.

Don't understand that wrong, lol. I have nothing personally with you, I just posted it here since your top was the last one to be finished. I didn't say that Ric or Hiccup did good with putting their own movies in their top, but it shouldn't be counted. It's simply not nice... I could've featured both my movies in my top 5 if i wanted, but I decided to be fair and give other movies a chance, and all people should do that.

Again, nothing personal with you.

People have the right to think their films are good and worthy of being ranked.

Don't understand that wrong, lol. I have nothing personally with you, I just posted it here since your top was the last one to be finished. I didn't say that Ric or Hiccup did good with putting their own movies in their top, but it shouldn't be counted. It's simply not nice... I could've featured both my movies in my top 5 if i wanted, but I decided to be fair and give other movies a chance, and all people should do that.Again, nothing personal with you.

The only rule is that your own film can't be yout #1. Otherwise rank as you please. Obviously don't put one of your movie that everyone's calling a POS in your top 5, and don't do it for the sake of ranking your movies high. But, if I think or if anyone thinks that they made one of the top 5 best movies of the year then they have the right to put it in their top 5.
  • Like 1