Blankments

Blanked Out Reviews, Y6 (Top 25 Is Up!)

Samantha Barks in Wicked: A fun little musical that is made a little more interesting thanks to the direction. Barks still can't act though. 8.5/10

HM.

Michael Caine in The Golden Bird: See my review. 7.5/10

HM.

Bruce Campbell in Texans Hate Zombies: Really fun B-movie, but doesn't really rise up to be anything really special, but still worth your time. Campbell is a riot. 8/10

• Like 1

Sorry, I was at the Auto Show. In case it isn't obvious, I'm skipping over my top five until after the others are revealed.

Gina Carano in Portal: My own film; a worthwhile adaptation of an awesome video game. 8/10

Russell Crowe in Avarice: See my review. 8.5/10

Matt Dillon in Last Ditch Effort: Excellent period epic, anchored by strong performances and epic action scenes. 9/10

• Like 1

Jesse Eisenberg in Bounty Hunters from Heaven: Fun little action movie. This is the type of filler I love. I want a sequel. 8.5/10

Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Careful Laid Plans:

Riczhang often releases OCs, but they never really resonated with me until this movie. This was a great period drama with excellent writing, a great ensemble, and it's the best Coen Bros. movie in CAYOM yet. 9/10.

Ed Harris in The Zone: I hate Malick, but this was an actually interesting movie with a decent plot and beautiful visuals. The acting was fine too. 9/10

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness
  • Like 3

Neil Patrick Harris in Guardians of the Internet: Another fun movie that's bursting with creativity. Loved it. 8/10

HM:

Anne Hathaway in The Improper Exchange: My own film; fun comedy with good chemistry between Galifankish and Hathaway. 8/10

HM:

Garrett Hedlund in Aquaman: My own film; Hedlund shines in the role of Aquaman, and this is an exciting superhero film. 7.5/10

• Like 2

Last post for a while; going to an overnight speech tournament where I probably will not have internet access. Rest of the top 25 will definitely be up Sunday, but perhaps Saturday is possibility as well.

HM.

Garrett Hedlund in Bioshock: Bioshock is an awesome game. This is an awesome movie, although it's mostly thanks to thame. 7.5/10

HM.

Thomas Horn in The 39 Clues: One False Note: I love The 39 Clues book series, and the film series has been living up to my hype. 7.5/10.

Nicholas Hoult in Cyber:

This just missed my top five, showing how competitive a year this was. Great story, fantastic acting (Aaron Paul deserves the Oscar), and phenomenal direction. 9.5/10

• Like 2

HM.

Hugh Jackman in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: Fun adventure movie where Jackman shines in the soon-to-be iconic role. 8/10

HM.

Brit Marling in The Different Ones: This filler had quite a bit of flaws, but the interesting twists and turns make it worth seeing. 7.5/10

Jack McBrayer in Sir Thymes Time: My own film; I really liked it, and thought it was one of my most creative films I've ever written. 9/10

• Like 2

Cillian Murphy in Mysteries of the Beyond: See my review. 8/10

HM.

Rachel Nichols in Wonder Woman: See my review. 7.5/10

Chuck Norris in Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant Spiders: My own film; I honestly still don't understand all the critical praise for it, but I think it's the best in both franchises, and one of the most fun films I've written. 8.5/10

• Like 1

Chris Pine in The Cardinal in the Kremlin: Better than Red Rabbit, this proves to be a competent espionage film, with great performances abound. 8.5/10

Adam Scott in Haunted Hoax: Levine does a great job with this film, which is very funny, although it does seem to take a little too much inspiration from other films at points. 8/10

HM.

Jason Segel in Avenue Q: One of the funniest musicals on Broadway becomes one of the funniest movies of the summer. 8/10

• Like 2

Michael Sheen in Mr. Rogers Goes to Washington: The last of my own films in this stage of announcements, I think this is an intriguing look at one of the kindest men who ever lived. Still hoping Sheen gets a BA nom. 8.5/10

Audrey Tatou in Le Grand Ecran: Intriguing animated film with a sometimes cliche story. The gorgeous animation makes up for it. 8/10

Unknowns in Paddles: The Video Game Story: This may be the first documentary ever to make one of my top 25 lists. Interesting and entertaining, Paddles is the best documentary of the year easily. 8.5/10

• Like 1

Naomi Watts in 24 Hours: Affleck has done it again, delivering a great crime drama with a sure-to-be award-winning performance from Watts. 9/10

Sam Worthington in Planeswalkers: Betrayals: The biggest improvement from an original to a sequel this year, I hated Planeswalkers 1, but this, this was a great movie, thanks to more polished writing and more fun. 8.5/10

Bonnie Wright in To The Moon: See my review. 9/10

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness