Sims

65th Directors Guild Awards (SHOCKING UPSET!)

Shame that no major award group recognized Lincoln.

But Clinton did.

Don`t you worry, there`s still AMPAS. Affleck can`t win here so director`s going to be very interesting.

But even if Lincoln wins, that`s a tainted win because Argo and Affleck are clearly moral winners here, no matter what you think of them.

Edited by fishnets

i feel so bad for enjoying the implosion over at AD , gahh its a beautiful thing 

i've had so many films i thought should have won everything over the years but i've never gotten that beat up over them not winning or berate other films to that degree so yeah loving the meltdown over there its well deserved! (my opinion of course lol)

the best part is how they rarely ever follow their own mantra of trick is not caring yet they still manage to be upset and surprise and hurt every year

at the end of the day spielberg will get his third oscar and so will DDL (even though i prefer phoenix) so its not like their precious masterpiece won't go home empty handed

But Clinton did.

Don`t you worry, there`s still AMPAS. Affleck can`t win here so director`s going to be very interesting.

But even if Lincoln wins, that`s a tainted win because Argo and Affleck are clearly moral winners here, no matter what you think of them.

But everyone will be aware that true BP was Lincoln.

i feel so bad for enjoying the implosion over at AD , gahh its a beautiful thing 

i've had so many films i thought should have won everything over the years but i've never gotten that beat up over them not winning or berate other films to that degree so yeah loving the meltdown over there its well deserved! (my opinion of course lol)

the best part is how they rarely ever follow their own mantra of trick is not caring yet they still manage to be upset and surprise and hurt every year

at the end of the day spielberg will get his third oscar and so will DDL (even though i prefer phoenix) so its not like their precious masterpiece won't go home empty handed

This. All of this except "I feel bad". Don`t feel bad, they deserved it and we are having so much fun.

Sasha stone and many of her bloggers are so upset and frustrated it is quite amazing to see.

Crone is a major attention whore so she amplifies her meltdowns to nth degree and still can`t approach the awesomeoness and fun of Wells`s meltdowns.

She made threats to quit and find another job if Affleck won DGA. What a poser. At least Wells threatened to jump off a Malibu pier if Lincoln won PGA knowing that Argo had it in the bag. So he ddin`t come off as a liar. But this old hag.... :rolleyes:

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I think Sasha would make a great movie critic (can't say the same about Wells!) but this Oscar thing won't work anymore if she gets too emotionally invested to her horse in the race. 

If you want calm, reasonable Oscar pundits, look no further than Anne Thompson and Kris Tapley. 

I think Sasha would make a great movie critic (can't say the same about Wells!) but this Oscar thing won't work anymore if she gets too emotionally invested to her horse in the race. 

If you want calm, reasonable Oscar pundits, look no further than Anne Thompson and Kris Tapley. 

But they are boring! Everyone loves a good meltdown and clowns like Crone and Pomp give masses what they want.

• Like 1

At least Wells is in on the joke. He knows he's ridiculous. Crone likens herself to a respected journalist. :rotfl:

Stone basically deletes any comment criticising Lincoln. That's pretty lame, bro.And you're right, if Sasha didn't take everything so goddamn seriously then maybe some people would respect her a tiny bit more.
  • Like 1

Stone basically deletes any comment criticising Lincoln. That's pretty lame, bro.And you're right, if Sasha didn't take everything so goddamn seriously then maybe some people would respect her a tiny bit more.

i saw that today, that is such  nasty streak of hers, which i got the year when the king speech won over social network , i was raw and wasnt expecting that kind of answer "if you don't like it gtfo " its my party and i'll cry if i want to 

i'm not saying argo is the best film of the year but from the few i've seen its the one i've enjoyed the best and at very least a deserving one as the others are , for sure there's a bit of sympathy vote because of oscar director snub but i highly doubt you can give that the only credit as to why the film is winning awards, until it became a serious threat it was enjoying a good run with critics and general public and everyone was saying good things about it,now its how dare he? how dare it? how dare they like it more than lincoln?

i wasnt even rooting for it more than necessary until she started putting affleck and his film down, then i felt like championing it which isnt really hard to do when you actually do like it!

in my dreams i hope the envellope says and the winner is LES MISERABLES  but realistically i'll be more than ok with ARGO HELL YEAH!!!

i really have to watch django and life of pi soon ,see if best pic order changes....