Sims

65th Directors Guild Awards (SHOCKING UPSET!)

Love the new title. And it is also worth noting that DGA doesn't technically vote for the director per se. To my understanding, they write the name of the film they're voting for on their ballot. Academy votes by name of director. 

Edited by riczhang

Yeah, the only thing stranger than a non-BD nominee winning DGA is a non-DGA nominee winning BD. It's Spielberg vs. Lee.

I think it going to be between Haneke or Behn Zeitlin.  The BAFTA Awards will be big next week. This is the first time in a long time where the BD for Oscar is anyone best guess. 

Yep, it's heneke or zeitlin for the oscar. When DGA doesn't line up, it's usually the one that wasn't nominated at dga

God I hope it is Heneke. I would be pissed if Zeitlin wins. Beasts better not win the Oscar. The more I think about Beasts the more I hate. Such an annoying film.

• Like 1

i just wanted to say go argo cry your heart out to a certain person who's been condescending over argo and its director over at a certain blog....but i didnt and kept to congratulating ben affleck and his team!

it makes me sad even more now that affleck didnt get in for BD because just maybe he would have won best pic and best director! but oh well guess we'll have to do with best picture oscar  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

still think les miserables should win , but i guess anne will have to do for us mis' fans!

God I hope it is Heneke. I would be pissed if Zeitlin wins. Beasts better not win the Oscar. The more I think about Beasts the more I hate. Such an annoying film.

not happening not after the artist lovefest train which i happily tagged along on....this year i see the academy going all "made in america" vibe and what's more american than ben affleck  writer/actor/director  or steven spielberg for director?

Ugh, ok, nothing can stop Argo now, I guess. It's strange to see a non-BD nominee winning best picture, but the winner of DGA, PGA and SAG not winning is even stranger, isn't it?

It still can loose BP Amour and Beast will not eligible for DGA, PGA, and SAG.  There must be a group of people in the Academy that did not care for Argo as much as the others so it loose some votes. This is a strange situation where a movie wins all the big awards but does not have a best director nominee.