Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Identity Thief: $36.6M, Warm Bodies $11.5M, Side Effects: $10M)

Always better to go with audience reaction than critical reaction.  I had no desire to see it based on the horrible trailer, but now I will.

The critics are saying it provides 2 or 3 laughs, but i forgot that critics dont like "poop", "fat", "slapstick" and "physical" jokes that well. Apparently these same jokes are causing a hysterical riot with the GA.

The critics are saying it provides 2 or 3 laughs, but i forgot that critics dont like "poop", "fat", "slapstick" and "physical" jokes that well. Apparently these same jokes are causing a hysterical riot with the GA.

It's because poop and fat jokes are lazy. Literally anyone can write a script and fill it with people farting and shitting all over the place. It's all in how it is told. There's a boner joke in the third season of community that is hilarious. You don't see it and nobody says boner or erection, but it's there and it's very cleverly written.
  • Like 3

It's because poop and fat jokes are lazy. Literally anyone can write a script and fill it with people farting and shitting all over the place.It's all in how it is told.There's a boner joke in the third season of community that is hilarious. You don't see it and nobody says boner or erection, but it's there and it's very cleverly written.

Agreed

How are liking San Antonio? 

The river walk has amazing restaurants.

I bet it does. The only times I've even been downtown were both to go to the restaurant supply store. I live a few minutes from Fiesta Texas, and there is a restaurant there that has the largest selection of beer on tap, The Yard House, it is fantastic!
  • Like 2

I didn't know you moved to SA, rallax! Great places to eat here. I went to the river walk last week for the first time in like 5 years. Go to Lone Star Cafe on the second level of the river walk. Great food.

I didn't know you moved to SA, rallax! Great places to eat here. I went to the river walk last week for the first time in like 5 years. Go to Lone Star Cafe on the second level of the river walk. Great food.

Well, Boerne technically, but nobody knows where that is, so I say San Antonio. 

I'll have to check those out.  Now that the theater is open and corporate is out of the building, things have slowed down to where we don't have to work all day every day.  

Maybe we can meet up and grab a beer or something.

Edited by rallax
  • Like 1

Well, Boerne technically, but nobody knows where that is, so I say San Antonio. I'll have to check those out.  Now that the theater is open and corporate is out of the building, things have slowed down to where we don't have to work all day every day. Maybe we can meet up and grab a beer or something.

I know where Beorne is, way the hell up 1604! I live off 1604 towards Selma/Schertz. I'd be game to meet up. What theater do you work for?
  • Like 1

I know where Beorne is, way the hell up 1604! I live off 1604 towards Selma/Schertz. I'd be game to meet up. What theater do you work for?

Ahhhhhh  :wub:

How fun!!!  I was in San Antonio  7 or 8 years ago. It was for ECLA Lutheran National  youth gathering it was in July of 2005 I believe. 

• Like 1

I figured you were in seguin if it was a Lutheran gathering. Was it at TLU?

Yes it was!!! We cleaned up an old cementiri. Then we down to San Antonio for the gathering at the Alamodome. How do you remember that?

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

Starplex Cinemas.  

The only theater in Boerne.  They were having to go to San Antonio for all their movies.  Once we really get going, the Palladium is going to hate us.

• Like 1