Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Identity Thief: $36.6M, Warm Bodies $11.5M, Side Effects: $10M)

I came this close to going to see it, but i got sick with fever and stayed home. I watched the movie online

It also bombed quite hard here. I went to see it yesterday and it was a nice surprise.

Yes it was!!! We cleaned up an old cementiri. Then we down to San Antonio for the gathering at the Alamodome. How do you remember that?

I live about 20 miles from TLU, so I figured it had to be there. 

Starplex Cinemas. The only theater in Boerne.  They were having to go to San Antonio for all their movies.  Once we really get going, the Palladium is going to hate us.

Ah I see. The palladium is a great theater, but a bit far for me to go on a regular basis. I'm sure the Boerne people feel the same way. It's amazing how many different theaters we have in a 20 mile radius, yet how far they seem because of hwy traffic (as I say this to the guy coming from Houston).

Ah I see. The palladium is a great theater, but a bit far for me to go on a regular basis. I'm sure the Boerne people feel the same way. It's amazing how many different theaters we have in a 20 mile radius, yet how far they seem because of hwy traffic (as I say this to the guy coming from Houston).

Yeah, pretty much. It's the same reason I never went to the Alamo Drafthouses in Houston because they were so far away from me. Here, there's a Drafthouse that's only 20 minutes away!

The Twitter reactions also insanely positive. One guy said the man in front of him spit his drink on the girl next to him from laughing so hard. People are calling it "a good ass movie" "funniest movie since Bridesmaids", "hilarious", "IT is pretty freakin funny", "I wanna see IT again", "I don't know guys IT is up there with one of my favorite movies I gotta say",  and tweets like "screw movie theater workers,  I wanna see IT :(" meaning that people under 17 are really wanting to check this out. I was TRYING to find a negative tweet, I've been scrolling for 10 minutes, havent found one. Legs really should be solid, this seems like another critic proof movie.

This tells me what I already knew for different reasons.

I think Bridesmaids is one of the most overrated movies since SuperBad.

I grade Bridesmaids a C range film. If it weren't for the subplot with the deputy who has a crush on Wiig's character to add some heart to the film it would be lower. If this is the "funniest movie since Bridesmaids" then it's a for sure theatrical pass for me as I knew based on the trailers. It's a lowest common denominator type film.