Impact

Best Supporting Actor-2013

In case Cumberbatch fails for The Fifth Estate, does he have a chance here for August: Osage County? Especially if it's the Weinstein's big pick for the year.

he could cancel himself out with the role in 12 Years A Slave (the kind-hearted plantation owner) and if he gets raves for STiD Paramount is going to campaign him at least a bit considering that Bardem almost got in for Skyfall. That`s a lot of splitting.

Ever since 42 was announced and that Ford was in it I was hoping for a nom...come on...please happen...

It might happen if Warner Bros pushes a campaign or re-releases the movie sometime later in October-December.

It might happen if Warner Bros pushes a campaign or re-releases the movie sometime later in October-December.

WB should stop wasting time on TH push cause it won`t happen. I don`t know why they were fucking up Argo with intense TH:AUJ campaign but everyone and their mother knew it wouldn`t happen. So ficus on movies and people who have a shot and Ford has a shot.

I think if Dern goes supporting then he can win. But this and Foxcatcher and AMerican Hustle are messing up this category for now. Also needs whittling down! 

OMG, breaking news! The Butler is happening! Hoiw's that going to affect the race?

I doubt anyone other than Whitaker or Winfrey gets traction. But hypothetically, David Oyelowo could. Doubt any of the Presidents would make a ripple in the Oscar pond.

Current Ranking:

1. Tom Hanks (Saving Mr. Banks)

2. Mark Ruffalo (Foxcatcher) 
3. Michael Fassbender (Twelve Years a Slave)
4. Javier Bardem (The Counselor
5. Daniel Bruhl (Rush)
6. Jared Leto (The Dallas Buyers Club)
7. Jonah Hill (The Wolf of Wall Street)
Edited by The Joker