I've heard only negative things from people who've seen it, so I'm not confident in watching it.

It's kind of interesting as a case study in how Pixar's knack for "heart" can work against them. They try to shoehorn a message about friendship into a spy caper and both elements suffer badly for it.

Edited by tribefan695

It's kind of depressing reading through twitter all these people crying "Pixar's Downfall" when the movie's reviews really aren't that bad. I mean, I guess the bar has been greatly lowered since Cars 2 but it's not like this film is anywhere near the unmitigated disaster that that one is. Yeah, I know I was kind of acting the same way a couple days ago, but that was when the meter had dropped into the low 60s and seemed to be in real danger of going rotten, but now it looks like it's stabilizing around the 70% mark.

I wish I had a filter on my RSS and Twitter feeds where I could somehow switch between positive and negative opinions at my leisure. I know they kind of have something like that on Twitter, but then your search is narrowed down to anyone who actually types an associated emoticon, which is very rarely anyone I'm actually interested in reading.

Edited by tribefan695

Yeah, there's a lot of people who like the film, but not a whole lot of substantial conversation about its merits. Almost anyone who's a serious blogger is accentuating the negative.

I mostly bring this up because of a convo I read between Stitch Kingdom and Progress City going on about the troubled production and how Pixar's lost it and that Disney movies are so much better now.

Edited by tribefan695

lol

Indeed.

But in some charts at BOM, i see 100,0M

Don't remember where exactly.

About Hercules, the 100M streak would be perfect from Aladdin (92) to Dinosaurs (00)

It was hillarious how hard Disney tried to get Hercules to cross $100 million. They kept it in cinemas until December (it came out in June!) and it still only made $99,046,791 :lol:

Seems BRAVE just bombed here in China, making just one third or so of Mad 3.

Awesome! I don`t want Brave to outgross THG. If THG couldn`t set OS boxoffice on fire, so shouldn`t TB. Katniss is the archer of the decade not Merida.

Edited by fishnets