Merida did not invent fighting for her own hand. In Greek mythology Atalanta and in Norse mythology Brunhildr had to be defeated to win their hands. So this story is far older than any emancipation ideas.

true but my point is that they deliberately made all suitors look like ugly morons which delutes the message.

true but my point is that they deliberately made all suitors look like ugly morons which delutes the message.

It looks like an ultimatum to boys, accept what we are offering you or nothing

the only likeable male character in Brave is king Fergus

I just checked the Mars Needs Moms premise: the boy is annoyed by his mother and she denies him TV, whereupon he wishes he never had a mother.

From what I read in the Brave reviews , there is a strong similarity in the premise.

Oh!

One month ago, would have dared making analogy to MarsNeedsMom?

Mother-child relation has a potential so big.

Should be used in a big fresh hit.

Me too!

So, in the end, the 2nd worst-reviewed Pixar movie?

Yes. I mean, I know I'm still holding out hope for 75%, but we're at the point already that for that to happen, it's going to have to go 11-1 fresh. What are the chances of that?

If I'm going to get hyped for Monsters U they'd better get their marketing act together. I don't want them playing up any jokes that need context to actually be funny like every other kids movie's advertising seems to do.

Edited by tribefan695