I know you didn't mean it the way I'm responding, but I think HTTYD is so overrated. If this turns out to be on HTTYD's level, quality wise, Pixar will have disappointed, IMO.

You're right, HTTYD is a super-overrated movie.

What if toys were alive? What if monsters were scared of children? What if super-heroes had to live normal lives? What if a robot was the last person on earth? What if a rat wanted to cook? What if cars were people? Even the stories that aren't so simple to explain employ a very simple twists on character, or a something very visually unexpected: an old man flies his house on a thousand balloons. He's having the adventure he dreamed of as a child. A clownfish that isn't funny. He's a fish that's scared of the ocean. How does Brave remotely resemble any of this so far? The princess who doesn't want to be a princess thing isn't new like all of these other twists are. It's been done a million times (but maybe it's a princess that doesn't want to be a princess and ends up deciding to be a princess?)

I'm still hoping that the true storyline remains hidden (and I've seen references from a few posters to the fact). They haven't shown what the bear has to do with the story, and in most of the artwork--that's what seems deepest and most powerful. I guess I'm at a point where I still have high hopes, but I'm standing on a wobbly ladder to keep them up here. These trailers so far almost look intentionally bad. =(