But Cameron shot the humans in live action. The Na'Vi and Pandora were intended to approximate what they would look like in real life if they actually existed. That's not what they're going for with Brave.

That brings us back: I would prefer the celtic warriors to look like humans.

In TinTin Spielberg wanted to make his characters look like the original figures of the comic. It was not so successful in the US. (In Germany they made a live action movie with characters looking very much like the characters of a series of animated movies in the 70s: Wickie.and it was very successful)

I don't agree that the characters in Brave look any less cartoony than Pixar's typical human. Except For maybe the queen, which personally is fine with me. Merida has a slight resemblance to the white haired assistant of Syndrome whose name escapes me at the moment.

If I met a girl that looked like Merida in real life I'd freak out.

How much do you think Brave budget will be?

In recent years every pixar film has been increasing its costs:

Ratatouille: 150m

Wall-E: 180m

Up: 180m

Toy Story 3: 200m

Cars 2: 200m

So, it sounds safe to state that Brave will not cost less than 180m to make and knowing that it has been in production since 2004,

but what really worries me is the cost of the new technology used to produce (http://pixartimes.com/2012/03/29/pixar-rewrote-its-animation-system-for-first-time-in-25-years-for-brave/), and remembering how expensive resulted to Disney the making of Tangled (260m), though Brave will get its money back

Based on some articles I remember reading; the reason was the constant delays on production and Rapunzel's hair resulted too expensive to animate, even though, the film surprised everyone, resulting a step up from disney's previous princess film

Man we had a whole thread on the old forums explaining the whole Rapunzel/Tangled budget. With links to articles and everything. Now all down the drain. Sigh.

Long story short, Rapunzel was put in production waaaaay back in the day, it began as a sort of competitor for Shrek. Its budget was huge because the movie changed hands many times, so the story changed many times, they used their new paintbrush technology for it, and the production for it to finally be released just took a loooong time. Considering all the hurdles it faced, the amount of money it made back was a pleasant surprise. Put it this way, people were scared it was going to be John Carteresque.