At this rate I'm seeing an 82-87% RT score for this. Maybe among top critics it can break 90% but at this point it's looking like Brave will be Pixar's first 80-90% movie (not counting the lower rated Cars movies).

That isn't bad at all. That's STILL better than most non-Pixar animated movies and classic Disney pics.

Though I'm starting to question whether or not this can do subsantially more than $200 million. If word of mouth is more "solid" or "pretty good" than "great" or "fantastic" then it might not spark enough male interest to get past its so-called "female only" wall.

Changing my predictions to $58-62m/$210-225m with a 39-45% 3D share opening weekend.

Edited by Dekunova

A 7 for pixar is like a 5 for a dreamworks animation movie.

Okay, it's time to stop bashing Dreamworks. Yes, they made a lot of crappy, pandering kids movies (Shark Tale, Shrek 3, Bee Movie, Monsters vs. Aliens, etc) while Pixar was making masterpieces. But consider their last five movies- How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, Madagascar 3. IMO, not a bad one in the bunch. In that time, Pixar released a great movie, a bad movie, and an allegedly okay movie.

Dreamworks next movie (Guardians) is getting very positive early word and Pixar's next movie is a sequel to something that's not Toy Story, which after Cars 2 leaves me weary.

Okay, it's time to stop bashing Dreamworks. Yes, they made a lot of crappy, pandering kids movies (Shark Tale, Shrek 3, Bee Movie, Monsters vs. Aliens, etc) while Pixar was making masterpieces. But consider their last five movies- How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, Madagascar 3. IMO, not a bad one in the bunch. In that time, Pixar released a great movie, a bad movie, and an allegedly okay movie.

You forgot Shrek Forever After :P

Madagascar 3 is actually the BEST reviewed movie in that trilogy. It has gotten better reviews with each sequel. That franchise seems to be improving with time.

I'm just stunned by how that movie turned out. I've like done a complete 180 on both the film and the franchise ever since seeing it.

Edited by tribefan695

Thing is that people are getting to hyped. When compared to Pixars other films yes Cars 2 was not as good, but it was still a good film as people compared it too much to Pixars other films. Even Pixar said that it wouldn't be as near as good.

Monsters Inc is a pretty popular film still.

Intresting enough-quite a few films that are considered Disney classics were not that popular at the time. (Of course Snow White was suppose to bomb but it didn't)

Between Mad3 and KFP2, I think I trust Dreamworks with sequels more than Pixar, now that Shrek is ogre and done with. Both logically improved upon their predecessors better than Cars 2 did. And based on necessity and concept alone, I have much more faith in HTTYD2 than Monsters University.

Thing is that people are getting to hyped. When compared to Pixars other films yes Cars 2 was not as good, but it was still a good film as people compared it too much to Pixars other films. Even Pixar said that it wouldn't be as near as good.

Nope. CARS 2 is really really bad. Worst big studio computer animation EVER, even worse than Antz.

I'm still unsure about Dragon 2. It was a great film but I really don't know how they can expand.

Speaking of sequels-I'm still surprised to this day that New Line didn't jump the sequel bandwagon and do a Elf 2. (Elf was a great and fun film, but it just seems like something they try to make)

M2 sucked I can't see the M3 being an good.

I don't want to make any guarantees, but I think everyone who sees the film would agree that the new characters really add to the film and there are a couple setpieces that are as visually dazzling as anything Pixar's put out.

Nope. CARS 2 is really really bad. Worst big studio computer animation EVER, even worse than Antz.

Your opinion. ;) Not mine ;) And its just something I've heard nobody outside the net ever say.

Between Mad3 and KFP2, I think I trust Dreamworks with sequels more than Pixar, now that Shrek is ogre and done with. Both logically improved upon their predecessors better than Cars 2 did. And based on necessity and concept alone, I have much more faith in HTTYD2 than Monsters University.

Same here.

HTTYD could be a truly monstrous hit, might on Shrek 2 level.