baumer

Star Trek: First Contact

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it.

I liked it. There was some nice character stuff even if the concept of the Borg doesn't feel fully explained (I'm sure whichever series this is adapted from did a better job introing them). I still really, really hate the Data character.

Is it weird that it always feels a little weird to see Patrick Stewart walking around instead of rolling? Don't answer that, lol

• Like 2

I groaned of exhaustion as the film ended with yet another nod to the original series. After finishing it, I felt I had watched a much longer film than I actually did.

Sequences that contributes little to nothing, a villain that doesn't make any goddamn sense, DATA once again having a considerable screen time on top of awkward humor and phony bad ass catchphrases makes this is one the worst Star Trek. 

Action was a step up from previous episodes, I guess. 

Voyage Home 75/100

Motion Picture 70/100 

Undiscovered Country 70/100 

Wrath of Khan 55/100

Search for Spock 50/100

Final Frontier 45/100

First Contact 40/100

Generations 35/100

Edited by Goffe

1 hour ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

???

why the Borg's henchman walks zombie-like? why they attack only when others attack them? why did they stop taking over the ship once they reached deck 11? why does the Queen want to assimilate everyone? what do they gain from that? why exactly they think a assimilated person is better than a non-assimilated person? Why didn't they time travel before accidentally entering the time portal created by Enterprise?

and don't come with 'bring order to chaos', that's not good enough of an answer to me. 

Edited by Goffe

You went in with no knowledge of the Borg from the series.

The Borg are a hive that are driven to evolve by assimilating the strengths of every species into their form, while also seeking to forcibly assimilate those species into the hive with the end goal of forming a perfect organism.

Also your grade is shameful!!!

52 minutes ago, Goffe said:

why the Borg's henchman walks zombie-like? why they attack only when others attack them? why did they stop taking over the ship once they reached deck 11? why does the Queen want to assimilate everyone? what do they gain from that? why exactly they think a assimilated person is better than a non-assimilated person? Why didn't they time travel before accidentally entering the time portal created by Enterprise?

and don't come with 'bring order to chaos', that's not good enough of an answer to me. 

For better or worse, FC relied on a fair amount of basic TNG knowledge. The Borg are probably the most famous villains of that show. They appeared plenty of times and all your basic questions about them were answered and explored there. It's been awhile since I've seen FC so I can't imagine how much basic setup they provide for newbies -- but I also don't remember much outcry or confusion by the GA when it came out.