Deep Wang

Rallax's SXSW Journal

So, I am here in Austin for SXSW and I thought that maybe I should keep an ongoing journal of sorts. 

I don't know if this is the best spot for this, but you mods can move me to wherever you would like to.  

I have my schedule for the first few days pretty nailed down, but after that it gets wonky depending on what I might have missed and what is playing where.  There are something like 8-10 different venues for movies this year and I have to pick certain movies based on where it is in relation to another movie I want to see.

FRIDAY

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - 3.5/5

Evil Dead - 3/5

SATURDAY

Much Ado About Nothing - 4/5

Upstream Color - 4/5

Before Midnight - 4.5/5

SUNDAY

Maidentrip - 4.5/5

Holy Ghost People - 2/5

Milo - 3.5/5

Plus One - 2/5

MONDAY

Short Term 12 - 5/5

The Wait - 1.5/5

The Spectacular Now - 4/5

Big Ass Spider! - 2.5/5

TUESDAY

Twenty Feet From Stardom - 4.5/5

I Give It a Year - 4/5

We Cause Scenes - 3.5/5

Cheap Thrills - 5/5

WEDNESDAY

The Punk Singer - 3.5/5

Drinking Buddies - 4/5

You're Next - 4/5

THURSDAY

William and the Windmill - 2/5

Spring Breakers - 3.5/5

V/H/S/2 - 3.5/5

FRIDAY

Zero Charisma - 3.5/5

Edited by rallax
  • Like 9

I'm up early to wait in line to get SXXPRESS Passes. SXXPRESS Passes get you to the front of the line for any two movies a day. The trick is to decide on which two it is. Supply is limited to 20% of the total capacity for that venue and apparently I got here about 30 mins too late, so I think I might be out of luck on getting one for VHS 2.

Wow, lucky!!! I'm so jealous cause I'm like 3 hours away from Austin but I can't go -.-. Man, it sounds so much fun.I would love to hear your thoughts on Much Ado About Nothing if you don't mind ^^

Edited by Sam

Same here. The TV spots haven't done a damn thing for me. Glad to hear it's actually funny. :lol:

Admittedly it's not groundbreaking in the story department. You will guess all the beats before they happen, but there's some funny ass shit in the movie.