Deep Wang

Rallax's SXSW Journal

Well, I got in line for the Xpress passes at 7:30 this morning, which is about an hour earlier than yesterday, and I'm 24 in line!

I am already behind after missing V/H/S 2 last night and the schedule today is pretty wonky.  I can't miss Before Midnight, but it is scheduled to end at 11:30.  If it is as on time as everything was last night, meaning 30 mins late, I can't see another midnighter tonight.  

If all goes according to plan, I've got Much Ado and then the panel afterwards, then Upstream Color and Before Midnight.

Movie Review Haiku for Much Ado About Nothing:

'tis a wondrous film

Crafted with love of the source

He nails it justly

I do not understand making Shakespeare films in the modern day. they never work because they keep the Shakespeare English and it just sounds stupid in the modern day. But I am glad you liked and sounds like other have enjoyed.  

• Like 1

Movie Review Haiku for Much Ado About Nothing:'tis a wondrous filmCrafted with love of the sourceHe nails it justly

So glad to hear this! For a movie being film in like 2 weeks in a backyard (lol) I don't think Joss had any intention of this being on par with the Branagh's version. I think he did it just for fun and like you said, love for the source material. Is it a funny movie? cause that's what I would expect from Whedon ^^Thanks for the review!

So glad to hear this! For a movie being film in like 2 weeks in a backyard (lol) I don't think Joss had any intention of this being on par with the Branagh's version. I think he did it just for fun and like you said, love for the source material. Is it a funny movie? cause that's what I would expect from Whedon ^^Thanks for the review!

In and around his house!It definitely had the Whedon current running through it. It isn't a laugh a minute riot, but there are more than a few hearty laughs throughout the movie.
  • Like 1

OK, went to sleep at 3 and now I'm up and in line to get more xpress passes.  I'm just going to wing it today I think.  I think I'll just do 4 movies and take a nap in there somewhere.

Milo is the only one I know I'm going to for sure.  I can't decided on Plus One or You're Next for the midnighter tonight.  I'm totally skipping Spring Breakers since it is at the Paramount and they have been screwing with my schedule by being so late getting out the last two nights.

After reading some reactions to Spring Breakers... I need to see this movie, asap.

I really wanted to see it tonight, but the Paramount theater has been awful so far this year. I've missed two midnights because of it already. It's playing again Tuesday night so I'm going to see it then.

the Spill.com guys always complain about the Paramount theater 

It wasn't bad last year at all.  But it seems like they can't get their shit together so far this year.  I went to 4 movies yesterday and the latest one started was 5 mins.  But while sitting in the Ritz waiting on Milo, I was reading tweets about how it was 30 mins past start time and they were still letting people in.

Fuck that.