DAR

Modern Family

Wow that was an excellent season finale. So sad that Cam and Mitch didn't get the baby but I'm actually glad because they really rushed through that plot this season and I'd rather see them go down the surrogacy route or adopt Gloria's baby. Can't wait to see what happens next season.

Casting.

stupid casting: in 5 years he will be an 18 yearold latino teen with parents more than a head taller than him; they will probably have to address this problem (I hope they do not blame his heavy coffee consumation)

• Community Manager

stupid casting: in 5 years he will be an 18 yearold latino teen with parents more than a head taller than him; they will probably have to address this problem (I hope they do not blame his heavy coffee consumation)

Why would they have to address this problem? It's a comedy.

It's called genetics. Sometimes odd things happen when chromosomes get mixed together.

• Community Manager

I heard that its normal what they are doing. Show is a huge success, they want more money. They will get what they want.

Kind of. It's not normal per se, but it is definably not common. The Big Bang Theory manage to have peaceful negotiations.Anyways, it's over and the cast got more money. Edited by Water Bottle

• Community Manager

I'm glad they're getting more, 65k/episode for the strongest 18-49 scripted show on television is very little. They deserve to be paid a lot more.

Making $65,000 a week when the average American annual salary is less than $50,000, I wouldn't say that's "very little". Not that they don't deserve their raise, but let's not pretend their starving.

What happens if the series' ratings drop? The production company still has to pay the full salary. But let's say they increase, then the actors will renagotiate after the 5th season.

Edited by Rudolf

• Community Manager

What happens if the series' ratings drop? The production company still has to pay the full salary. But let's say they increase, then the actors will renagotiate after the 5th season.

The deal automatically includes raises, despite the ratings.

Making $65,000 a week when the average American annual salary is less than $50,000, I wouldn't say that's "very little". Not that they don't deserve their raise, but let's not pretend their starving.

Well of course I'm not comparing them to the average American... it's silly to compare anyone in Hollywood to the average. For their line of work and especially because of the magnitude of MF's success, 65k an episode is "very little". Heck if Miranda Cosgrove could make 185k an ep for iCarly there's no way these guys should be making a third of that.

• Community Manager

Well of course I'm not comparing them to the average American... it's silly to compare anyone in Hollywood to the average. For their line of work and especially because of the magnitude of MF's success, 65k an episode is "very little". Heck if Miranda Cosgrove could make 185k an ep for iCarly there's no way these guys should be making a third of that.

For their line of work? Most actors and actresses are lucky to make $65,000 their entire career. Now comparing it to Modern Family's success, then maybe you can make the guess-but if that's the case, what about the writers? After all, if the writing was weak then the actors wouldn't have any good jokes to sell. They make an average of $200,000 a year (since their in Hollywood), but these actors will be making that within two weeks.