The Dark Alfred

CAYOM Festival - Year 7 - Three-Month Funeral triumphs

My short reviews:

Innocense- A highly original idea done very well. The black and white photography really adds to the suspense that is built on screen. Direction was very strong, but it was a fantastic script that really made this film. The tone was very fitting for a foreign film. A/A-

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night- This was also a nice original idea focused on an Autistic boy. Mendes' direction, while a bit out of place, was good and didn't let the film fall into boring territory. The cast was great for this film, and the resolution was good. I did, however, wish something would have been done about the titular dog. This almost took the screenplay award. B+

The Three Month Funeral- Yet another fantastic directorial effort by David O. Russell. This film had very comedic moments thrown into a very dramatic situation. It all worked really well, in my opinion. We get a powerhouse performance from Meryl Streep, as well as extraordinary work from the other cast members. Russell's flashy direction works well in most situations here, making it relatable. Sure, the ending might be a little too happy for some, but that's the charm of it all. The whole thing really clicked for me. A

• Like 2

Thinking TMF could win BP! Congrats Blank!

Don't want to be ... against Blanks or something, but there are lots of movies that haven't been submitted to this and stand a chance at Best Picture.

As much as I'd love to have BP locked at this point, there are quite a few films that still have a chance. Risk Management's really good (I've pre-read it), and Extracensory, Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar, Blood Currency, and a few other films still have great chances.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations!! :D