kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers (03.27.13) 4.23 M THE CROODS | 2.22 M OHF | 2.16 M OZ: TGAP

It's ludicrous that the 7PM shows and on will be counted towards Joe's Thursday gross, not Wednesday's. Who do they think they're fooling? 

The entire strategy is stupid. GI Joe has a built in fanbase that will show up first weekend anyway and it's going to sink like a stone next weekend because the movie sucks. There's no need for this ridiculous wednesday/thursday preview gross type of release to garner pretend-positive-word-of-mouth. Get this turd out of the way already.

A third film will happen IMO so it's not leaving anytime soon.

Agree. Hasbro finances 50-75 mill of the budget i bet.

That leaves 100-125 mill for paramount.

They can easy turn a profit from that

A third film will happen IMO so it's not leaving anytime soon.

Agreed.These movies are more or less one long commercial for GI Joe products. As long as they make money they'll co-finance the movies. Rise of Cobra made only 300WW out of a 175M budget yet they still made Retaliation. As a movie most likely a loss overall but it served its purpose.

That figure is really hard to use.We can't measure if people are choosing to see shows at 7pm as opposed to midnight?Are the earlier shows actually bringing in more of an audience or is the midnight-base simply being shifted to 7pm? It would be a huge cost-saving feature for cinemas!

Agree. Hasbro finances 50-75 mill of the budget i bet.

That leaves 100-125 mill for paramount.

They can easy turn a profit from that

Agreed.These movies are more or less one long commercial for GI Joe products. As long as they make money they'll co-finance the movies.Rise of Cobra made only 300WW out of a 175M budget yet they still made Retaliation. As a movie most likely a loss overall but it served its purpose.

And someone needs to come back from the dead. lol

Agreed.These movies are more or less one long commercial for GI Joe products. As long as they make money they'll co-finance the movies.Rise of Cobra made only 300WW out of a 175M budget yet they still made Retaliation. As a movie most likely a loss overall but it served its purpose.

I remember an article in 2009 that said Hasbro payed Paramount 50 mill to make GI JOE plus an estimated 25-40% of the marketing  budget.

That why they can keep making them.

I bet this movie atleast has the same deal.. And it should make around 100 mill more WW

I remember an article in 2009 that said Hasbro payed Paramount 50 mill to make GI JOE plus an estimated 25-40% of the marketing budget.That why they can keep making them.I bet this movie atleast has the same deal.. And it should make around 100 mill more WW

Well that definitely cut Paramount's risk exposure. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they got some money from merchandising. And obviously Hasbro must've made some money as well to continue this. I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel is in the works now.