baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Why? This isn't the NFL Draft, why should people be punished for being ranked high?

The idea was to get everyone to go for "risks".The top 10 do not need to fear top 20-30 at this point. Have you seen the score difference?Besides obviously the top 10 would get easier questions...

Im not going to punish those who have worked hard to build their lead. These high risk questions have never been done before and u never HAVE to go for them. So im not going to make a wuestion that forces anyone to go fir it.

• Like 1

Im not going to punish those who have worked hard to build their lead. These high risk questions have never been done before and u never HAVE to go for them. So im not going to make a wuestion that forces anyone to go fir it.

No one asked you to do that. Instead, make one for the chickens.

Knew I should of answered yes to conjuring making 100 m

oh yeah, that question

that's not really score-able until the end of the game though, because we'll need to see who's within 5% and 10% for those bonus points

Estimates currently have Turbo's drop at 37.48% :D

I know, that's hilarious.

I am close to dropping out of my own game...lol...Shawn's question really messed me up.  I'm going to lose another 30K.  I have Less than Zero chance of winning this game.

• Like 2

I haven't even bothered to tally my score, but Im sure it's another shitty week for me.

You went for the bonus.

You lost the bonus

You get negative points

• Like 1

This is me after inevitably losing 30K on Shawn's SOTM question:

Posted Image

For whatever reason I stupidly misread 1% as being something else and decided the tactical choice was to choose zero crossing 100mil and try to rake in a couple of 25,000s from the gross predictions.

I must have confused it with Special Bonus question 1, where the points come for being within 5,000,000 as 1% is an insane target to aim for.

On the flip side, Turbo's final finishing drop will decide whether I make 17 or 21k I think. (although there is a super long shot of TDL overtaking TLR with actuals and giving me 2k there too. :)

I'm liking this eating 40k out of the people above me each week :D

the current standings for the bottom 5:

1. The To Do List - $1.5M

2. Peeples - $9.1M

3. The Big Wedding - $21.8M

4. RIPD - $24.3M

5. Red 2 - $35.0M

6. Internship - $43.7M

7. Pain and Gain - $49.7M

Still to come:

2 Guns, Smurfs 2, Elysium, Percy Jackson, Planes, We're the Millers, Kick Ass 2, Paranoia

Red 2 should be able to pass Pain and Gain, but it looks like RIPD has a good chance of finishing below the Internship.

A couple of those mid-August movies definitely still have a chance of joining the list though. If Jobs or The Butler would've been eligible at the beginning, they may have picked up a few votes. Kick Ass 2 and Paranoia will be limited by the fact that only their first 18 days will count. (18? 17? It's something like that, isn't it?)

Only 1 person voted for RIPD, and it's got a realistic chance at the bottom 5 right now.

So I took a look at who people were voting for on the "5 lowest-grossing" question. Here are the numbers I have, though I'm sure I missed a few, so these numbers probably aren't exact:

The To-Do List - 39

The Purge - 38

Big Wedding - 27

We're The Millers - 25

Paranoia - 21

Peeples - 18

The Conjuring - 13

The Internship - 10

Now You See Me - 4

Kick-Ass 2 - 3

Planes - 3

Great Gatsby - 1

Pain and Gain - 1

RIPD - 1

This Is The End - 1

300 2 - 4

Mortal Instruments - 2

The Worlds End - 2

The Spectacular Now - 2

(The bottom 4 are not wide releases during the timeframe, though there's an argument to be made that the 300 sequel should count as a zero-grosser, since it was listed as a wide release at the time of the question.)

-The folks who voted for Pain And Gain and The Great Gatsby are already wrong.

-I'm surprised that The Internship hit double digits.

-The 18 players who voted for Peeples are pretty much locked to get that one right.

-The 27 votes for The Big Wedding are probably going to have to wait until the very end of the game to see if they were right or not.

Baumer, if you're looking for a suggestion regarding the 300 sequel, I would suggest changing the question from "5 lowest-grossing wide releases of the summer" to something more like "5.1 lowest grossing". Score the 5 lowest wide releases that are actually released, as you would otherwise, but then also give credit to the 4 people that were smart enough to know that 300 was such a stinker that it would be pulled from the schedule.

• Like 1

Just for the record everyone.  This will be the last week of the game where there will be a big bonus 4 question.  And I'm going to make it very enticing.  It will be worth a lot, and it will not involve a cinemascore.  

Posted Image

• Like 1