baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Hopefully someone wrote those down at the start of the game. Mojo has a habit of changing genre descriptions sometimes.

If someone ACTUALLY has done that... I don't know. I don't think anyone did, though.

We had no reason until 3 minutes ago.

Just go to boxofficemojo.com.That is what we go by. I've been using them for years, no reason to stop now.So any film that has the word horror or thriller in their genre counts.

These are Baumer's exact words. So WWZ counts. (unfortunately, I put NO to aswers A, B and D)

MU is a prequel but it's a sequel in a Boxoffice prospective.

Edited by Filmovie

For the Sequel question, I think we should wait till Despicable Me 2 releases to avoid any controversies, that has a good chance of dropping less than the specified percentage, since there will be 3 days before the first weekend to deflate the second weekend drop.

Wasn't the WWZ Action Horror? Didn't we have this conversation before in this thread?

Wasn't the WWZ Action Horror? Didn't we have this conversation before in this thread?

As long as the term horror is there, its a horror.

Yeah, it really shouldn't be counted as one.

You guys are kidding right?  You all know Monster's University is a sequel. 

• Like 1

Mojo has WWZ as "Action Horror", not Horror or Thriller. "The Purge" is Thriller, "The Conjuring" is Horror. So WWZ is not classified as "Horror" or "Thriller" by Mojo.

Posted Image

It's a horror.  End of story.

For the Sequel question, I think we should wait till Despicable Me 2 releases to avoid any controversies, that has a good chance of dropping less than the specified percentage, since there will be 3 days before the first weekend to deflate the second weekend drop.

Monster's University is a sequel.  It's the next film in a series.  This is not up for debate. 

There are many films that fall under more than one genre.  Horror/action horror/comedy and so on.  This question is also not up for debate. If there was confusion about this at the beginning, someone should have asked.  Also, what other "horror" film in here do you guys see as having a chance at 150 mill?  Easy answer.  None.  That question was obviously designed with WWZ in mind.

• Like 2

Told you Baumer would have agreed with me 

I'm honestly a little stunned at the suggestion that WWZ is not horror and MU is not a sequel.

• Like 2

I'm honestly a little stunned at the suggestion that WWZ is not horror and MU is not a sequel.

I agree with you even though I'm losing points for question 17 and good chance also for question 13 as well.  :D

Another horrible week for me. :ph34r: Consistency really pays off in the BSG.  :D

I never judge rules based on whether or not it benefits me. But i do stand by my rules when i make them. There is no interpretation of the horror or sequel question. They are what they are.

I never judge rules based on whether or not it benefits me. But i do stand by my rules when i make them. There is no interpretation of the horror or sequel question. They are what they are.

No doubt but others are but it's clear cut, WWZ fits the horror genre.  

• Like 1