A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

2 minutes ago, pepper83 said:

People on twitter need to calm down a bit. It's just a 15 sec announcement of the trailer.

People enjoy getting excited over something.  And people have been waiting for something official on this for a long time. Rogue One has a couple of trailers and a teaser out, I think even Assassins Creed has more than one out. Even The Stars are Ours has one out in theaters already.  All we had was a poster.  And a lot of these people are teenagers, I'd bet.

Anyhow, it seems Passengers will track well on twitter, at least.

@trifle when you want to quote a tweet, just take the embed code, turn the preview Source button on so it looks like code and then paste the code in.

That way it comes out looking like the original tweet and not taking up your whole screen. 

;)

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

@trifle when you want to quote a tweet, just take the embed code, turn the preview Source button on so it looks like code and then paste the code it.

That way it comes out looking like the original tweet and not taking up your whole screen. 

;)

Thank you!  I didn't know that!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Odd news - the trailer's not with Suicide Squad in the US http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_32_US.pdf

I'm assuming that Sony will send it to theaters next week with sausage Party.  Theaters can choose to play whatever trailers they want in front of their features once it's sent anyway. 

Edited by babz06

12 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Odd news - the trailer's not with Suicide Squad in the US http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_32_US.pdf

Can they still put it there anyhow?  I can see where Sony may not have actual pull with Warner Bros movies, but....

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

I'm assuming that Sony will send it to theaters next week with sausage Party.  Theaters can choose to play whatever trailers they want in front of their features anyway. 

Just Sausage Party would be a waste of potential audience.  I'm sure not going to see Sausage Party, at least...

19 minutes ago, antovolk said:

I don't see it on that list at all.  JenLawFilms got it from the Sony distributor in her country.  Is it possible a trailer would come out overseas before here?

Edited by trifle

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

Can they still put it there anyhow?  I can see where Sony may not have actual pull with Warner Bros movies, but....

Just Sausage Party would be a waste of potential audience.  I'm sure not going to see Sausage Party, at least...

It's a normal thing to do though. The films are both from the same studio. Besides like I said before, once the trailer is sent to theaters studios can only recommend that they play a trailer in front of a specific movie but ultimately the theaters get to decide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Well idk....would've been on that PDF if it was going there.

I don't see it on that list at all.  JenLawFilms got the news from the Sony distributor in her country.  Is it possible a trailer would come out overseas before here?

Maybe they never meant a teaser trailer was coming out today, but just the post on the facebook page as a 'teaser'.  IDK.

I am getting discouraged.

Edited by trifle

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

It's a normal thing to do though. The films are both from the same studio. Besides like I said before, once the trailer is sent to theaters studios can only recommend that they play a trailer in front of a specific movie but ultimately the theaters get to decide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

Yup. Up to now I told myself it was due to unfinished CGI or the lawsuit was holding things up. Now it just looks like plain incompetence.

Could it be that Sony is under strains due to their current financial issues, so they don't have the capable manpower for a well planned promotional rollout?

It's just so disappointing to see such a potentially great movie handled so ineptly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trifle said:

I don't see it on that list at all.  JenLawFilms got the news from the Sony distributor in her country.  Is it possible a trailer would come out overseas before here?

Maybe they never meant a teaser trailer was coming out today, but just the post on the facebook page as a 'teaser'.  IDK.

They could show it with SS in the UK etc as the trailer process works differently. Sony can send it to international theatres when they want to.

And from what I was told, they did say a 15s teaser was supposed to be out today. Anyway....it should still be online Thurs, but just not showing in theatres in the US with SS.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

At this point I doubt we'll even see it on Thursday. IDK, I hope I'm wrong about that but Sony seems a total mess when it comes to promoting this movie.

I would cut them some slack in this case because they've been tied down with the legal issue. Im sure if they didn't have that problem, a trailer would have been out already. Also filming wrapped in January of this year, and with the vfx that they have to do, i wouldn't have expected it any earlier than June/July if things were normal. 

Edited by babz06