A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend Numbers: Oblvi: 38.1 42: 18 mill (starting pg 10)

From HP and Batman merchandise, duh. Also video games. Boxoffice is entertaiment for us geek warring tribes but all studios make the biggest money off toys and other tie-ins, merchandize,etc.

They still have to pay to make, market, and distribute those toys, video games, and merchandise.

ARGO made $230m on a $45m production budget. That alone covers a lot of the JACK losses.

It does, but it shouldn't have too. Jack not being able to make money on its own qualifies it as a failure. If I was CEO of Warner, I'd want to make money off the surprise hit Argo, and then big money off tentpole Jack. WB doesn't want to have to use Argo's or Hobbit's grosses to level off Jack's losses, that's less revenue for the studio, they want wins from it, which boost revenue higher. TA saved JC, but that's $200M+ that Disney could have gotten on top of TA's revenue. It covers the losses, but it shouldn't have too.

The studios don't do that -- that's up to the licensees.

As being apart of conglomerates, they still have to pay some up, and they still have to pay for the licenses. They don't get the toys made and distributed for free. McDonalds didn't pay to have Jack toys made then put in their happy meals. They want money from Time Warner or Warner Bros, which TM or WB will give them, either in costs or a license. They still have to put money up.

Edited by jandrew

Auto-like for "threeve". :) Not saying it's not a bomb, I'm saying WB isn't exactly hurting despite its performance.

Of course not :P i was mostly just looking for an excuse to say threeve anyway.

I pay no attention to them.

Oh, bullshido, Mikey! You and your sensei Peludo were terrorizing BOF with your claims that so obviously fanboy-inflated Floppit A+ CS was "GA loves it". Team Bombur remembers those days of darkness very well.

• Like 1

Oh, bullshido, Mikey! You and your sensei Peludo were terrorizing BOF with your claims that so obviously fanboy-inflated Floppit A+ CS was "GA loves it". Team Bombur remembers those days of darkness very well.

the A+ rating came from the under 18 crowd

the A+ rating came from the under 18 crowd

Bull. If Under 18 crowd have it A+ how come it totally bombed with Nickleodeon awards and only got one MTV nomination and win that wasn`t even televized? It was overweight basement dwellers, not YA and TA crowd.

Bull. If Under 18 crowd have it A+ how come it totally bombed with Nickleodeon awards and only got one MTV nomination and win that wasn`t even televized? It was overweight basement dwellers, not YA and TA crowd.

The "A" CinemaScore improved to an "A+" with moviegoers under 18 years old,

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3587&p=.htm

Edited by Robert Muldoon