The Creator

Box Office Alliance Season 1 (Full Season Here)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win Player of the Season?

• The Dark Alfred (placed 1st)
    • acsc1312 (placed 2nd)
    • CEDAR (placed 3rd)
    • Fake (placed 4th)
    • Townzy89 (placed 5th)
    • XenoZodiac (placed 6th)
  2. 2. What was the best team of the season?

• The Firerisers (Games 1-14) (Game 15)
    • The Shadowlords (Games 1-13)
    • The Wild Cards (Games 1-13)
    • The Epic Losers (Games 1-12)
    • Amazingly Adequate (Games 1-10)
    • The Beasts in the Bushes (Games 1-9)
    • Stark Brothers (Games 1-5)
    • The Pirates (Games 1-4)
    • The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was (Games 1-3)
    • Team Avatrek (Games 1-2)
    • Team Hunger (Games 1-5)
    • The Icelords (Game 15)

Alright, welcome to the first season of Box Office Alliance, the first partner-based box office predicting game on Box Office Theory. Box Office Alliance follows partner-based teams as they embark on weekly quests to eliminate or assimilate other partners, manipulating the way the game is played and helping to decide who will win the season.What does Alliance entail? Well, basically, not only does it mean that you can make new friends here on the Box Office Theory forum, but also it provides ways for you to learn your box office predicting skills and weaknesses as well as those of your partner. It also provides you with the chance to control how the game is played. This is a new feature in which the team with the highest score in a given week gets to choose the fates of other teams. How does this work?Each team must work together to answer questions before the Friday deadline (unless otherwise stipulated). The team with the highest score will gain immunity that week. This means that that pair can choose what to do to the other teams. The highest scoring pair can do several things but is limited in its actions. I'll explain briefly, but for now these are things the highest scoring team can do to manipulate the course of the game:

1. They can choose to send two people against each other in a competition to be held on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. These two people can be from the same pair or can be drawn from two different pairs. The two must answer questions (usually one, but sometimes three), and the one with the highest score moves on while the other is eliminated.

2. NEW: They can rearrange the members of different teams. This means that they can take one person off a team and switch him with a member from a different team. ***If the same team wins two weeks in a row and chooses this option, that team can rearrange three groups instead of two.

3. NEW: They can challenge another team for their points (points will be explained shortly). However, this involves the risk of losing your own points if the other team wins.

4. NEW: They can choose to take any player from any team and put them on their own team, and the other player from that pair must be assigned to a new team. ***This can only be done if the winning team's point total exceeds 25 points.

5. NEW: They can purchase things with their points. For instance, use 5 points to buy yourself +5% in next week's game. Use 10 points to buy yourself +10% in next week's game (I probably won't go any higher than a 10% bonus). Use 15 points to allow your lowest scores from next week's game to be canceled. Or use 20 points to buy immunity entirely in next week's game, or at any game of your choosing.

6. NEW: They can challenge The Creator in a competition. Instead of facing elimination for losing the challenge, the pair will instead forfeit all their points in they lose the challenge. However, if they win, their point total will be doubled, so if a team has 25 points and the partners choose to challenge The Creator, the team can wind up with either 0 or 50 points.

***If a team wins two weeks in a row, the team can choose any two of the above options (except for option 4 if the team's point total does not exceed 25 points).***If a team wins three weeks in a row, the team can choose any THREE of the above options.Point bonuses will be added for all wins.Now an explanation of the point system. Each team must earn points. Individual members can earn points for their teams and can also have points taken away. Points will not just be based on box office predicting skills; points can be awarded for any number of reasons, including good strategy, fairness, ethics, etc. The more points the better as the team with the highest number of points will advance to the finale, which will be explained when we reach that point or near to it.The winning team will always receive a certain point number, and it may go up with each passing week, especially if questions get harder. Extra points will be given for more than one win or for outstanding scores. Occasionally, bonus questions will be worth extra points. The individual player with the highest score will also receive a certain number of points that will go toward his team's point total.Points will be deducted from the team who scores lowest, or for any member who doesn't predict in a given game unless given an immunity. Also, after three absences, a member will be eliminated entirely.With your points you can buy things, like percent bonuses, but this is usually reserved for the top scoring team. I may make an exception to that rule if I see fit to do so.Also, when you defeat other teams or eliminate them, you can acquire their points.And except surprise points, out of the charity of my warm heart. Expect surprises whenever. Heck, there may be one before the first game begins.

Edited by The Creator

can someone explain to me what Boxoffice Alliance Was?

Previously, it had been a partner-based competition, with pairs competing weekly in a box-office predicting competition. One pair would win the highest score of the week and had the choice to send one pair into the Challenge, in which case the winner of the Challenge could be placed on any pair of the winning pair's choice; or the winners could challenge each other, in which case the winner would win an immunity to be used at a later time and would choose his new team; or they could both challenge the Creator, and if they both win they both get an immunity (two total) but if they lost they would be eliminated. The objective was to use strategy by relying on one's partner, and it was also a good mechanism for developing new box-office friends, as I learned from a similar but more secretive alliance that formed in the Survivor games.

If I do get enough support for a revised Box Office Alliance, there will be new changes, and maybe a reward. Avatarfan won the only season of it at BOM, and unfortunately I don't think some of my star players (like XenoZodiac) are even here, but there are a lot of people, so if anyone wants to participate or has more questions let me know.

Previously, it had been a partner-based competition, with pairs competing weekly in a box-office predicting competition. One pair would win the highest score of the week and had the choice to send one pair into the Challenge, in which case the winner of the Challenge could be placed on any pair of the winning pair's choice; or the winners could challenge each other, in which case the winner would win an immunity to be used at a later time and would choose his new team; or they could both challenge the Creator, and if they both win they both get an immunity (two total) but if they lost they would be eliminated. The objective was to use strategy by relying on one's partner, and it was also a good mechanism for developing new box-office friends, as I learned from a similar but more secretive alliance that formed in the Survivor games.

If I do get enough support for a revised Box Office Alliance, there will be new changes, and maybe a reward. Avatarfan won the only season of it at BOM, and unfortunately I don't think some of my star players (like XenoZodiac) are even here, but there are a lot of people, so if anyone wants to participate or has more questions let me know.

Unfortunately I am here, Creator. ;)

Thanks for the compliment and remembering the damned name. :) I always thought it too complex for myself to remember. :D

I am in whenever you start. Just lemme know.

Edited by XenoZodiac

There's obviously not much interest in this right now, but if I can get some more support from participants, I may be able to do one either in the spring or, if all else fails, in the summer. I'm willing to do a winter one for January-February season, but it doesn't seem likely that there will be many sign ups.

PILOT GAME

Going to make Game 1 kind of easy since it's the Pilot game, so please send me your predicts by Friday, January 27, at 11:00 P.M. Eastern time.

This week's game. Predict the following three-day grosses:

1. The Grey

2. One for the Money

3. Underworld Awakening

4. Red Tails

5. Contraband

Both people must submit answers, or confirm that they are the same for both partners. You can have identical answers if you wish.

I have sent private messages out to each team. I ask that to reduce clutter you both send your answers in the message I sent you, so that I don't have to sift through so many messages. I'll try using that as your team inbox, and if you add members to your team I can always merge people to new message inboxes. It will keep track of your progress in the game as well and make it easier on me for scoring purposes.