The Creator

Box Office Alliance Season 1 (Full Season Here)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win Player of the Season?

• The Dark Alfred (placed 1st)
    • acsc1312 (placed 2nd)
    • CEDAR (placed 3rd)
    • Fake (placed 4th)
    • Townzy89 (placed 5th)
    • XenoZodiac (placed 6th)
  2. 2. What was the best team of the season?

• The Firerisers (Games 1-14) (Game 15)
    • The Shadowlords (Games 1-13)
    • The Wild Cards (Games 1-13)
    • The Epic Losers (Games 1-12)
    • Amazingly Adequate (Games 1-10)
    • The Beasts in the Bushes (Games 1-9)
    • Stark Brothers (Games 1-5)
    • The Pirates (Games 1-4)
    • The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was (Games 1-3)
    • Team Avatrek (Games 1-2)
    • Team Hunger (Games 1-5)
    • The Icelords (Game 15)

Inner workings are going on right now. Very complicated process, so things are being delayed. The Shadowlords have each purchased an immunity for 5 points a piece, bringing their current point total down to 8 points.

In the meantime, this week's game is as follows:

1. Ghost Rider 2's OPENING WEEKEND

2. This Means War FRIDAY GROSS

3. The Vow PER THEATER AVERAGE

4. Safe House SUNDAY GROSS

5. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island WEEKEND PERCENT DROP

BONUS: (rewards will be based on accuracy)

Predict The Vow's total gross through Sunday (this weekend, plus last weekend, plus its weekdays).

Schumacher bought an immunity as well, which means the pair chosen for The Challenge is...

Fake and Spaghetti

The two have been PMed the Challenge, and it is posted here:

THE CHALLENGE - WEEK 3

Predict the following:

1. The Vow THURSDAY PERCENT DROP OR INCREASE (specify whether it's minus or plus)

2. Safe House TOTAL GROSS THROUGH THURSDAY (includes last weekend total + Mon-Thurs)

Deadline is Thursday at 11:00 P.M. Eastern.

We are not going to have the actuals until Tuesday afternoon (EST). So, Creator, you must be fast with the calculations and stuff.

Also I think the winners should post their choices for challenges/whatever here instead of PMing you. Valuable time is being lost while you log in, PM the same thing to the chosen ones, who PM to buy immunity, you PM that to the winners who...well, you got the point right?

The only reason it's even like that is because only 4 of you guys are following this topic and as this forum doesn't get much traffic it's likely people may forget to check out in here. In PM format, people see when they have a new message the moment they get on the forums. However, I do want it to be a faster process, especially because I'm not here to keep up with things all the time. I'll continue to PM teams to notify them, but I would indeed appreciate if they would carry out their choices here so things can be settled when I'm absent.

And now the results of THE CHALLENGE

Fake:

49.98% (0% on question 1 and 99.96% on question 2!!!)

Spaghetti:

2.3% (0% on question 1 and 4.6% on question 2; for question 2 you predicted the Thursday gross, but the question asked for the total through Thursday)

Spaghetti

has been chosen for elimination. It was great having you this season. Meanwhile

Fake and Schumacher

will remain partners, but to The Pirates, I need you guys to choose where to place

JamesFord92

as he is now partnerless. You can assimilate him onto your team or place him on any team of your choosing.

Also, I'm missing predicts from a few of you guys, still. Just under 2 hours until the deadline.

Edited by The Creator

The only reason it's even like that is because only 4 of you guys are following this topic and as this forum doesn't get much traffic it's likely people may forget to check out in here. In PM format, people see when they have a new message the moment they get on the forums. However, I do want it to be a faster process, especially because I'm not here to keep up with things all the time. I'll continue to PM teams to notify them, but I would indeed appreciate if they would carry out their choices here so things can be settled when I'm absent.

When results for this game comes out, you can suggest that the winners send the PM directly to the chosen ones along with you and also post it here.

I am still wondering what does it take for 2 good predictors to get 0% in the same question.

JamesFord92, you send in your predictions as usual and it will count for whichever team you are placed on. If your team is chosen before the deadline you can co-operate with them.

Edited by XenoZodiac

I am still wondering what does it take for 2 good predictors to get 0% in the same question.

If you are have to predict Thursday jump/drop for a film, which turns out to be -0.4%, then you had to predict in -0.7% to -0.1% range to get any score, pretty small margin. :P

If you are have to predict Thursday jump/drop for a film, which turns out to be -0.4%, then you had to predict in -0.7% to -0.1% range to get any score, pretty small margin. :P

Considering 1 predicts -0.8 and another predicts -0.7, the second one gets 25% accuracy while the other gets 0. This is an unfair question.

I didn't consider how small a margin of error it would be, but even if I scratch the question, Fake wins with a 99.96% average, while Spaghetti unfortunately got a 4.6% average since he read question two wrong. His answer was close to the Thursday gross, so I give him props.

And JamesFord, right now you are alone until you are reassigned to a team. Your score will be averaged in with whatever team you are placed on.

Edited by The Creator