16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Bag The BOND 25 Rights?

• Sony
    • Warner Bros
    • 20th Century Fox
    • Universal
    • Annapurna

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Annapurna would be an interesting choice but given the handling of Terminator by Megan Ellison and David Ellison might given EON pause for thought 

I'm thinking it'll be Warner Bros or Fox.

Megan and Annapurna wisely pulled out of Genysis, no? David and Skydance remained...

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

If Warner Bros gets it, I imagine that November 1st 2019 slot which is reserved for a DC film will be changed to a Bond film and the DC film moves back to 22nd November or possibly the other way around. 

Hm, the way things are shaping up (script already being worked on, Craig just about decided if he's back, now this distribution thing) they could realistically have B25 out in late 2018 if they start production by the end of the year. WB do actually have an Untitled Event Film set for Xmas day 2018.

Because it is for one movie (I would imagine the last Craig), Sony probably start favorite, the Bonds never been has big (and arguably has good) than the Sony era since 1965.

But that is Rothman, no way he resign a deal like this, were sony pay for 50% of the expense, get only 25% of a part of the profit with no access to anything after the theatrical release type of deal, making it very possible that they do not find agreement.

It seem really hard to make prediction if Sony pass on it, would be pure speculation made on no reasoning for me.

I imagine they have a chance.

If the deal stay like it is, it is hard to see studio doing well right now with their franchise like WB being interested in a less than 10% ROI Bond movie that worst of their average slate, and that could eat one of their best releasing slot.

I wonder how much using Bond has a product placement for the Sony cellphone and others product was being part of why they distributed that franchise.

Annapurna don't need to answer to a board I imagine and the visibility for the studio could be nice, but they still a distributor if the use Annapurna has a producer partner/financier, so it would depend on this, they would take MGM place or they have a EON/MGM/Annapurna/New distributor team ?.

Edited by Barnack

2 hours ago, antovolk said:

Hm, the way things are shaping up (script already being worked on, Craig just about decided if he's back, now this distribution thing) they could realistically have B25 out in late 2018 if they start production by the end of the year. WB do actually have an Untitled Event Film set for Xmas day 2018.

I doubt WB would want Bond against Aquaman, I think they'd go for November 2019

Daniel Craig deserves a better send off than Spectre. Guy really was the Bond for the new generation and helped make the character more relevant than he has been in 40 years. Really hope he's back for one last round.