Fullbuster

12 Monkeys (Time Travels & Conspiracies)

164-6.jpg

PLOT SUMMARY

Follows the journey of a time traveler from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race.

TRAILER

I like the trailer, it's very promising :o

What do you think about it

Edited by Hiro Hamada

It looks exactly like the film. To be honest, I am not sure what to think. A part of was hoping this would be a continuation of the film and not a reboot, but the film was good, so maybe this will be as well. However, from what the trailer shows, it seems to literally rip scene by scenes from the movie.

Hard to see it equalling the movie, but it could be fun, taken on its own.

Personally I try not to compare it with the movie, a TV show can't be compared with a movie, so I will consider as an entirely original TV show.

Plus the movie is pretty old now so I don't remember much of it.

It's really smart to reject a show for this kind of thing and not because of something less shallow. Quality doesn't matter anymore??

Modern viewers suck...

Hey, I liked that movie because it was one of the few movies where Bruce Willis was actually good. Screw me for not liking something. Jesus you get insulted like it's your own work. Get over it

• Like 1

Hey, I liked that movie because it was one of the few movies where Bruce Willis was actually good. Screw me for not liking something. Jesus you get insulted like it's your own work. Get over it

That's just something I don't understand, if it was a movie rebooting the original one I would understand but here it's a TV show so you will have a different perspective, it will last hours so the characters and the story will be more developed.

That's just something I don't understand, if it was a movie rebooting the original one I would understand but here it's a TV show so you will have a different perspective, it will last hours so the characters and the story will be more developed.

Maybe. At the same time, what the trailer for it shows is a tendency for more action and a general reduction of the weird ambivalence that made the movie so great. Doing a series based on a movie is always tough -- it really needs to stand on its own, so the fact that it seems much of it is just a regurgitation doesn't bode well. But, of course, it's just a trailer.

Maybe. At the same time, what the trailer for it shows is a tendency for more action and a general reduction of the weird ambivalence that made the movie so great. Doing a series based on a movie is always tough -- it really needs to stand on its own, so the fact that it seems much of it is just a regurgitation doesn't bode well. But, of course, it's just a trailer.

Sorry, but I'm confused about exactly what ambivalence there was? 12 Monkeys seemed to tie everything up at the end, if I remember correctly.

While both center around a time-traveler from a post-apocalyptic world frantically searching for the source of the plague that will eventually wipe out the human race, the series "is a complete reimagining" of the movie, co-executive producer Terry Matalas said at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. "We didn't want to just redo what the movie does. Everything from the top down changed."

"It's a complete re-imagining," said co-executive producer Terry Matalas. "We're all big fans of the original film and we didn't want to just re-do what the movie does. Everything from the top-down changed. While the story has a lot of the same themes, it wouldn't make sense to tell the same story again."

Including the gender of the mentally-unstable character played by Pitt in the film, who is now a woman. "We were going back and forth on how could anybody possibly do that role again, it's so memorable," Matalas told Quartz. "And one night, we were sitting there and we were like, what if we gave that opportunity to a woman and really saw what they could do with it." Pitts performance won him a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination.

Bringing "12 Monkeys" to the small screen wasn't supposed to take two whole decades. "The idea was something that came up pretty soon after the movie was made," said executive producer Richard Suckle, who was a production executive on the original film, but there were difficulties securing the rights from Chris Marker, who had created the 1962 French science-fiction short film "La jetée," upon which "12 Monkeys" was based.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/136683/20141115/12-monkeys-syfy.htm