baumer

Taken 3 (2015)

27 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Horrible. Just stupid and all around bad. Also why say it ends here when you clearly have a open ending screaming for a sequel.

2/10

Did you like the first two? 

I'm shocked that you would feel this way.  The trailer looks so good.

Bad. Very bland, boring, and if it wasn't for the name "Taken," I would honestly think this was a straight-to-DVD movie. I love the first, and the second, while flawed, was absolutely bug fuck insane and I had fun. This though.....sheesh. I went in not caring about the reviews at all, but honestly, whether it got an 11 percent or a 91 percent on RT, this movie sucks.

• Like 1

It was OK. The story was good, the actors were all solid. The director was terrible.

He made the build up and non action scenes as tedious as possible and the action scenes as incoherent as possible.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

Jesus christ, this was awful. 

The film starts with a prologue that will obviously be important to the story - but there's not even a loose connection until about an hour into the movie, which makes the film feel disjointed.

Neeson seems like he's bored, he doesn't even sound slightly upset when he discovers that the wife is dead. Forest Whitaker is enjoyable but his lines (as with everyone else's) are dreadful, and make him out to be some sort of robot that has to repeat to the audience what's happening on screen.

We know that Bryan Mills has a very particular set of skills, and that's all well and good, but the third time round, they include teleportation. He crashes a car into an elevator shaft, leaving him no escape, and we even see him struggle to get out of the car - and then 1 second later, it blows up, and he is standing on top of another building. Perhaps the whole film after that point is just a dream.

He's then being chased by some baddies, and when they think they probably might have killed him, instead of checking for his body, decide that "it's time to get drunk", which might be echoing the writers of the film. The movie has no internal logic at all, and disbelief is impossible to suspend. I'm not usually one to complain about plot holes, but this film falls apart everywhere it goes.

Don't even get me started on the way this film has been shot and edited. It's atrocious - the worst cinematography I've ever seen. No, I'm not exaggerating, this is literally the worst camerawork I've had the displeasure of watching in the 18 years of my living. The camera is so fidgety and shaky that it's impossible to tell what's going on. Megaton has managed to make a cool highway chase involving a huge truck boring and bland - this is simply down to the fact that he refuses to show us anything in the scene other than maybe the front of a car. We have no idea what's happening. And it's so shaky during the action scenes, and particularly that car chase, that it made me feel nauseous. (And I know I'm not the only person who felt this)

Fox managed to spent $50 million on producing this film, but I can't figure out what - other than the $20M that Neeson was paid - it went on. It has the feel of a TV show, like CSI or something. I kid you not, the explosions in the film have black outlines. I could do better if I was given a couple of hours with MS fucking Paint.

And then there's the massive disconnect between the marketing and the actual movie. Trailers and posters would have you believe that "It Ends Here", but the film sets itself up for a fourth movie, and doesn't even hint at concluding any characters.

The film's attitude towards women doesn't even need explaining, as will be obvious to anyone who has seen the first two movies. I'm certainly not a fan of this, though I won't pretend I expected anything better.

All in all, it's shit.

• Like 2

The big underlying flaw in the whole plot is that Bryan would have found out about Stuart's business the minute he started dating Lenore. And Bryan's certain set of skills meant he would have found out.

Also, I would say the films have got progressively worse. A big drop from the first to the second but a slight drop from the second to the third.

Edited by DeeCee