baumer

Taken 3 (2015)

27 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The thing that's kind of funny about this is....well, there's several things:

1) This husband that Lenore married, he's husband number two after Brian.  How exactly does she manage to marry what looks to be billionaires, every time?

2) The trailer promised us that it would all end here.  And it also made it look like the bad guys would somehow be related to the bad guys in the other movies.  They weren't.  This is just basically Mills in the wrong place at the wrong time.  So really, it doesn't all end here.  This was just another story.  

3) The direction in this was unbelievably bad.  Every fight was a close up, you couldn't tell who was doing what.  Every chase was a close up.  My eyes felt sore after watching the movie.

I still had fun watching it and I think you guys are being a bit hard on it, but not much.

Really underwhelming

Worst thing is how the action scenes were shot and edited.

In part 1 and 2, Neeson character is known for being overprotective with his exwife and his daughter in order to protect them. In the third film his exwife is married with a guy that makes business with so obviously criminal-looking Russians but Neeson doesn't know anything...

Then, there are some nasty background details that made me really angry. How many time has passed between 2 and 3? In part 1, Kim has 17 years old. In part 2, she's 18. And in part 3 she's still at the University, so she can't be more than 21 years old. In part 3 it's clearly implied that the last 2 years of Leonore's marriage have been horrible. There's no real time to develop all of Leonore's story in a 4 year gap. Big hole there.

The opening scene shows how disjointed and formulaic the movie is. The russians kill two guys that work for Stuart, but the police cannot connect both kills (or disappearences) to the death of Stuart's wife... In fact, it looks like that never happened. Stupid writing.

Neeson manages to magically escape from a falling and exploding car not only one but two times! You can say what you want about Taken 2 but that never happened there

The bad Russians (with even worse-looking faces and tatoos) live in a luxury penthouse with many guns and luxury (so suspicious) but they're not traced by anyone? At least, in the original Taken the kidnappers live in an unsuspicious house and had contacts with many corrupt politicians... The police knew they were doing bad things.

There are so many bad things in this movie

Wikipedia has the plot summary. Why the hell is the wife still with the rich guy? I thought the Taken 2 ending made it clear she and Bryan were back together. :lol:

I was wondering the same thing. I like Liam Neeson but this has gotten old real fast and he barely even seems to be trying. Story is pointless, and even the action scenes arent any good.

D+

Its the same husband just a different actor. 

My bad and you are right.  I thought he was much older in the first.  This guy looks like he's 10-15 years younger. 

• Like 2

My bad and you are right.  I thought he was much older in the first.  This guy looks like he's 10-15 years younger.

Yeah, it's the same husband but they recast the role. Still, as I said earlier Mills would have found out who he really is making there no point to the whole film.

• Like 2

Oh my God this movie. Okay, the first Taken I adore. One of my favourite action movies. The second Taken is shit. This? This is just.... comically bad. Stupidly, hilariously, infuriatingly bad. Really, I don't think a quick summary is going to do this justice. I'm going to have to take this apart scene by scene. Because this movie is just so so bad, it deserves something a bit special.

So that's Taken 3. It's shit. Don't go see it.

Dude I haven't logged in here and said anything for awhile but seriously **slow clap**. You deserve it with that. You articulated everything I thought about this garbage movie. The first time the teleport thing happened in the elevator shaft was bad enough but when it repeated again on the cliff, this thing became a comedy.  I still have no idea what even happened during that car chase on the freeway because the editing was so awful. The lack of blood was so obvious too so why write those shots in the script if you can't show it? The leg shot at the beginning in the vault!

The whole story was retarded. Stuarts plot would have fallen apart had Brian Mills been captured by the police or killed. If that happened, he could have never even gone after the Russian dudes.

Also the big climax scene where he crashes his porsche into the plane would have destroyed that car at that speed. So he would have died right there along with everyone on the plane including his daughter. They show the car after this scene and it is in pristine condition. It must have had special body armor paint.

Seriously skip this movie. Watch The Equalizer or John Wick again. At least those were fun. Pretty sure this will finish in my bottom of 2015 and it's only January.

Edited by somebody85

Just got back from watching it.

Yea, it was definitely not that good. Mainly I was just kinda bored. It didn't have the sense of urgency that the first two had. The action scenes were terribly shot. Even my son leaned over early on and was like "the camera keeps jumping around so much I can't tell what's happening" lol. This Megaton guy needs to be booted to directing only DTV movies from now on.

The twist was pretty obvious from early on as well. And as others have said, there's no way Brian doesn't know that Stewart was dealing with some seriously shady characters.

C+

Brian mills may be innocent of killing his wife but lets look at some pf his other crimes

2 counts of resisting arrest

4 counts of assaulting a police officer

2 counts of Grand theft auto

3 counts of destruction of property(college, liquor store, and the apartment)

Impersonating a police officer

10 counts of murder

Physically threatening someone with a weapon

3 counts of Breaking and entering

1 count of physical torture

1 count of assaulting an unarmed civilian

1 count of hacking the police network

Way to go Brian Mills

• Like 1

Brian mills may be innocent of killing his wife but lets look at some pf his other crimes

2 counts of resisting arrest

4 counts of assaulting a police officer

2 counts of Grand theft auto

3 counts of destruction of property(college, liquor store, and the apartment)

Impersonating a police officer

10 counts of murder

Physically threatening someone with a weapon

3 counts of Breaking and entering

1 count of physical torture

1 count of assaulting an unarmed civilian

1 count of hacking the police network

Way to go Brian Mills

Funny and interesting but ultimately pointless. Any action film could easily be torn apart like this. Maybe not to this level, but still. What was more troubling to me was the fact that he made decisions and continued to make decisions counter to what you would expect a former agent would. Surely, if he made friends in the French police dept, he would have high level friends in the city he LIVED in. Running after they found him with the body made absolutely NO sense whatsoever and didn't seem like something the normally cool Bryan Mills would do.

BTW, what was with the dangling plotline about the hair sample? Do the film makers think it just makes Mills look thorough and professional if he gathers evidence(not the only time this has happened in a Taken film)? I kept expecting something to come out of that hair sample but it was never brought up again.

Edited by Avenging Arachnid!™