The Movie Man

Do you prefer going to Movies Alone or with Others?????

Movie Viewings  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?

• YES
    • NO NEVER
  2. 2. FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP

• ALONE
    • ONE OTHER PERSON
    • A COUPLE OF PEOPLE
    • A BIG GROUP

I love when you get the theater to yourself. Nobody else just me and a big screen. 

Not for me, too creepy...especially for a horror movie.

Like 3-5 people is perfect for me.

I love when you get the theater to yourself. Nobody else just me and a big screen. 

I went to see a movie with my best friend during Christmas season last year. There are only 2 of us in the theater. Gotta admit, it was pretty damn awesome.

Edited by Sam

Watching a comedy at theaters by yourself seems pointless.

Why? You still have the rest of the audience. You don't need people you know to enjoy it.

I usually go to the movies myself. Don't want to be worrying about whether my companions are enjoying themselves or not, the exception being my older brother who's a pretty big film buff himself and is generally good for post-film discussion.

YES. My girlfriend tends to fidget when she's not enjoying it, and that irks me. My best friend, who I'll admit is great for discussion afterwards, does the same thing. He also sighs loudly when he's not digging it.

• Like 1

Why? You still have the rest of the audience. You don't need people you know to enjoy it.

YES. My girlfriend tends to fidget when she's not enjoying it, and that irks me. My best friend, who I'll admit is great for discussion afterwards, does the same thing. He also sighs loudly when he's not digging it.

Maybe give her some popcorn

Posted Image

• Like 1

I like the quiet. No damn person ruining the experience for me. 

I crave that so badly here in NYC. There's always someone talking, having their phone go off, ruffling through their bags, or being generally creepy.

I crave that so badly here in NYC. There's always someone talking, having their phone go off, ruffling through their bags, or being generally creepy.

One best benefits of living  Iowa and the suburbs of Minneapolis. 

Strangely, when I lived in Iowa I never had a completely empty theater. Now that I'm living in northeast Ohio it's happened twice in the past two months (for Oz and Jurassic Park, oddly enough).

Edited by tribefan695

Strangely, when I lived in Iowa I never had a completely empty theater. Now that I'm living in northeast Ohio it's happened twice in the past two months (for Oz and Jurassic Park, oddly enough).

I live near Cedar Falls/Waterloo (Waverly) if know that area. 

I was around Des Moines. Little bigger, I guess, but now I'm staying in a relatively prosperous area of Cleveland metro. People just don't seem to go to the movies that much around here.

Edited by tribefan695

Sometimes I go to the movies alone and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact in someways its better to go alone.

Reasons to go alone

1. I get to see the movies I want to see without having to worry about others taste in movies

2. I only have to pay for myself

3. I can go to the theater on my own time schedule.

4. I get all the popcorn, candy, and pop to myself

5. I get to watch the movie in peace without having to explain anything to anyone

• Like 3