The Movie Man

Do you prefer going to Movies Alone or with Others?????

Movie Viewings  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?

• YES
    • NO NEVER
  2. 2. FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP

• ALONE
    • ONE OTHER PERSON
    • A COUPLE OF PEOPLE
    • A BIG GROUP

I see pretty much every big studio movie w/ other people. If it's something smaller, like w/ Place Beyond The Pines most recently, others aren't usually interested so I go by myself.

It's actually the opposite with me. Nobody I know wants to see the big films, and everybody wants to see the smaller ones.

Edited by RichWS

Huh? Don't most people see movies by themselves?

Don't think so? At Movies where I am in Hollywood, I hardly see anyone sitting alone. Maybe 5 % of the time, and that is usually in the afternoon when it looks like the person was out shopping.

Also when I am leaving movies, I usually see couple or groups coming in...and rarely people alone.

With friends or family, except for horror movies, because I don't have any horror friends. :(

Over here its almost frowned upon and weird if you go by your lonesome.

Yea I get that...as that is a big thing here, about going out to eat alone.

I'd say I go by myself maybe 7 out of 10 times. Sometimes my girlfriend or a friend wants to tag along, but I prefer going alone. It's my time away from the world.

I am torn between going alone and 1 person...

As I don't mind going to a movie by myself by I would like to be with someone after the movie, to talk about the movie...or to go out and get something to eat.

Edited by Truman Burbank

With friends or family, except for horror movies, because I don't have any horror friends. :(

Over here its almost frowned upon and weird if you go by your lonesome.

Fucking swedes, always being so damn social

• Like 1

I am torn between along and 1 person...

As I don't mind going to a movie by myself by I would like to be with someone after the movie, to talk about the movie...or to go out and get something to eat.

It's funny that I'm a film geek who doesn't like talking about the movie immediately afterwards. I like to process it, stew in it.

It's funny that I'm a film geek who doesn't like talking about the movie immediately afterwards. I like to process it, stew in it.

OK I get that...but still even if we don't talk about the movie...as with some people it is just, liked it or didn't like it....I get lonely leaving the movie, especially at a mall, when everyone else is coupled up.

PS. As you said you have a girl, you have the best of both worlds, see the movie alone...and then go see the girl/wife, when you want.

OK I get that...but still even if we don't talk about the movie...as with some people it is just, liked it or didn't like it....I get lonely leaving the movie, especially at a mall, when everyone else is coupled up.

PS. As you said you have a girl, you have the best of both worlds, see the movie alone...and then go see the girl/wife, when you want.

I hear where you're coming from. I'm probably used to going by myself because I did for so many years when I was younger.

Edited by RichWS

It depends with the "cool " group that would be seen as wierd as movie going is seen as a social experience.

I only ever watch a movie alone if no one is willing or I just need some time alone. Even so I likely only watched 4 movies by my self ever...

ROTK 2nd time, TDK 2nd time (only films I watched twice in theaters), Gi Joe 1 (lol I was angry and decided to watch any movie at a theater), ASM (no one wanted to see it with me :(

TBH watching a film like TA or a fun film is way more fun with 2-3 of your close friends as you can also make the movie even more interesting with inside jokes and such.

For example when we watched TDKR we all found the film a bit tedious so when Batman came yelling like a crazy person "WHARE ARE THE DEVICES!!!!"

My friends and I were literally ROFL on the theater floor as it reminded us of that classic scene from TDK "WHARE are they!"...

One of the funniest theater experiences I had with my friends was 300... OMG some of the things in that movie were so ??? we could not stop laughing...

I would recommend watching more entertaining films like TA and such with friends, much better experience.

Edited by Lordmandeep

If you go to weekday shows in NYC, most of the audience are people by themselves. I hate the idea that you're expected to go with a group, or you're considered "weird". 

Well I think the people that are free on weekdays...or aren't working the standard 9-5 job, are a separate group....As compared to night going movie people.

But also, some people just don't like being by themselves....So that is the other side of the story...