The Movie Man

Do you prefer going to Movies Alone or with Others?????

Movie Viewings  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?

• YES
    • NO NEVER
  2. 2. FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP

• ALONE
    • ONE OTHER PERSON
    • A COUPLE OF PEOPLE
    • A BIG GROUP

One of my favourite films is The purple rose of Cairo and I think that movie beautifully illustrates how magical cinema can be even if you are on your own.For year I would never have even considered going alone ( like I would never have gone to a restaurant alone) but then, one time, I wanted to see a Madonna film (don't judge me) and nobody else did, so I went on my own and it was fine. Now I quite happily go on my own if there's no-one else around or no-one who wants to see a particular film. Obviously I prefer to go with others as it's generally more fun and you can discuss the film etc but the occasional solo trip is ok too.

I like how the thread title asks if you can go to the movies alone OR by yourself.

Its like, fuck yeah man, going alone is super sweet but don't you dare go by yourself, thats just evil.

Did that on purpose and look how long it took for anyone to catch?

Congrats for getting it...but it sure took you alongggggggggggg timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like other people have said it depends on which movie it is. There were 2 movies I went by myself and found out I'm the only one in the theater. Those 2 movies were Mission Impossible 4 and The Watch. Let me just say that at first, sitting in an empty theater is a little freaky. That feeling leaves, once the movie starts but just sitting there at first I get the feeling that someones gonna pop out and scare the shit out of me, or the devil will appear on the screen and it turns out i'm in hell. But once the movie starts the feeling leaves. 

I was the only one in the theatre when I saw Magic Mike last summer. (Mind you, it was August, and the movie was closing the next day.)

The guys were good, but I expect more personal attention during a private show, if you catch my drift.  ;)

Did that on purpose and look how long it took for anyone to catch?

Congrats for getting it...but it sure took you alongggggggggggg timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Shpongle

Yes, I often go alone and don't see any issues - I'm one of those people who sits there and is glued to the screen.The second question depends on the context... There was nothing better than watching The Hangover 2 in a sold out cinema with my group of 15 people - as much as I love those people, I would never watch a movie like The Kings Speech with that same group.

I'm fine with going alone, especially if it's a second or more viewing. But if I go alone, who's gonna sneak in the candy in her purse? Since that's one of the two main reasons I got married(I'm sure you can guess what the other thing is). ;)

I almost always go to the movies with at least someone, but every once in a while, I just want to be alone. The first time I ever went alone was a little less than a few years ago. I had a shitty day at school, got into a huge argument with my mom, so instead of going home, I just went straight to the mall to watch DH1 on IMAX (my fifth viewing - lol). It felt good to be alone.

Oh that seems fun. I might see Catching Fire alone after a few times. Will be my first experience watching a film in theaters alone.
  • Like 1

I'm fine with going alone, especially if it's a second or more viewing. But if I go alone, who's gonna sneak in the candy in her purse? Since that's one of the two main reasons I got married(I'm sure you can guess what the other thing is). ;)

You could get a Man Purse, like Joey on Friends.

I prefer mostly alone, but there are movies, especially comedies, that i don't mind going with my friend at all.

What i really like whenever i can, is to go on early screenings when there's less people in the theater.

People are getting dumber and dumber every year, and they talk, eat and check on their cellphones, and that's something i really hate. I must have dozens of incidents in theaters when people do shit like this around me. I've lost it so many times... LOL