The Movie Man

Do you prefer going to Movies Alone or with Others?????

Movie Viewings  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?

• YES
    • NO NEVER
  2. 2. FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP

• ALONE
    • ONE OTHER PERSON
    • A COUPLE OF PEOPLE
    • A BIG GROUP

People always ask me "how can you go by yourself, isn't it weird?" I'm like no, I don't talk during a movie anyway, so it doesn't matter if there's someone next to me.

Sure it does, you are enjoying the experience together with a fellow friend, family member, or significant other :)  You don't have to talk to enjoy each others company, it's just fun sometimes to see the facial expressions and laugh together during a funny scene.

Too bad all of live so far apart, I think it would be awesome for the boxoffice forum members to go to big movie openers together!  Maybe I should start a thread like that especially for films opening in real IMAX since there aren't that many of those theaters.  Star Trek might be a good start - anybody interested in watching it at the Henry Ford IMAX?

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

Appears a lot of you guys are not very social...

I was the same during my teens then I realize I should become more social or suffer...

Yes its annoying to make small talk...

It depends really ^^^ I always have had fun by my self but I always have more fun in the company of good friends...

Watching TA at home was a lot of fun but it was way better with my friends.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I usually go during the day by myself. I hate trying to coordinate plans with people, as they always change. Fuck you, I'm going when I can. Join me if you'd like. Also, I hate night time crowds/idiots who can't leave their phone alone for more than 20 minutes. Also people who eat loudly. Also old people who can't stfu or whisper. :rant:

Posted Image

• Like 1

I love to go with people, but like I said, most of the time it's just easier to just go alone. I had a friend that I would go with all the time, but then she moved and I eventually moved and all my friends here are too poor to do anything :lol:

He seems to be in his late 20's. Did I mention that he has a fucking neckbeard?

Maybe he is your future self and has set back in time to warn about something!!

just kidding. I would not go and talk to him.  I wonder if he has notice you?

I'd never go watch a movie alone. The minimum amount of people I'd go with is probably 3 or 4.I find movies more enjoyable with friends around me, hyping up the movie before the film and then discussing it after.Especially scary movies. It's become a tradition for my friends and I to go in big groups to watch scary movies in Halloween.

• Like 1

Finally some sanity to this thread :), I was losing hope.

I'm curious if the poll results would change much if the question was changed to "do you prefer" going to the movies alone?

Edited by Punishment

I'm one of the people that thinks it's weird to go alone, yet I wish I could go alone.

You can always go alone, unless to are a Sesame Twin?

PS. A lot of times, I would lie to someone and not tell them I already saw a movie alone, especially if it was a good movie...and I knew they would like it and I didn't mind seeing it again.

Finally some sanity to this thread :), I was losing hope.

I'm curious if the poll results would change much if the question was changed to "do you prefer" going to the movies alone?

Well the second question states the preferred group, IMO.... so it splits between 1,2 and a few....

Can you go to the Movies Alone or By Yourself?

[*]Posted Image YES (17 votes [85.00%])

Percentage of vote: 85.00%

[*]

[*]NO NEVER (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

[*]

FAVORITE MOVIE VIEWING GROUP

[*]Posted Image ALONE (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

[*]

[*]ONE OTHER PERSON (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

[*]

[*]A COUPLE OF PEOPLE (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

[*]

[*]A BIG GROUP (2 votes [10.00%])

[*]

Edited by Truman Burbank